How-to install prosport gauge and block8head pod

block8head

:
06 MS6 black mica GT
This how to is very long, to make it short i edited all the pictures with explanation to make it easy for you guys to follow....
There might be a little step missing here and there,but nothing major so don't worry about it...
Thanks to jman46 for bringing his car to my house to install the gauge and pod....
This how-to is for the prosport mechanical gauge,the premium gauge is the same except you don't run the vac-line all the way to the gauge, but everything else is the same...
You can also use this how-to to install other gauges as well.....
In the picture only show the red 18 gauge electrical wire"you need to get black 18 gauge wire for grounding"
As for the Vac-line, you will need to get atleast 10+ feet otherwise you will be short...
Tools needed for the install:
IMG_9770.jpg

IMG_9769.jpg

IMG_9768.jpg

Step 1:
IMG_9743.jpg

IMG_9744.jpg

IMG_9741.jpg

IMG_9746.jpg

IMG_9745.jpg

IMG_9747.jpg

Step 2:

From the prosport gauge,it has 4 wires
Black = Ground
Red = Power ACC
Orange = Amber.. Connect to dimmer switch wire for nightime or you can use it for daytime by connect it together with RED wire
White = White lighning.. Connect it together with RED wire for daytime or connect it to the dimmer switch for night time.....

Note: if you just want WHITE or AMBER for just daytime and nighttime. connect that wire together with RED wire and leave the other one unconnected...

IMG_9748.jpg

IMG_9749.jpg

IMG_9754.jpg

Step 3:

IMG_9750.jpg

IMG_9751.jpg

IMG_9752.jpg

Step 4:
IMG_9762.jpg

IMG_9761.jpg

Step 5:
IMG_9753.jpg

Step 6:

IMG_9755.jpg

IMG_9758.jpg

IMG_9759.jpg

Step 7:

IMG_9766.jpg

Final Step:

IMG_9763.jpg

IMG_9764.jpg

IMG_9765.jpg

Once everything is done,you can start it up and go for a test drive.... (breakn)
Enjoy... (drinks)

Last edited:
the other how-to you wrote needs to take the dashboard off. so this is the how-to version without taking the dashboard off?

cool.
i have prosport electrinonic gauge. hope that works.

how much is your defrost pod again for 09 MS3?

I installed my electronic prosport, but I did it the longer way with removing everything. I did tap into the same wires as this write up. I would have liked to do it this way but did want to cut anything. The hardest part of doing it the other way is the A pillar...

I installed my electronic prosport, but I did it the longer way with removing everything. I did tap into the same wires as this write up. I would have liked to do it this way but did want to cut anything. The hardest part of doing it the other way is the A pillar...
you only cut about 1/4" x 1/4" small area to expose the screw,other than that you don't cut anything else....

hey on step 1 the inner ring i found a way by not using a flathead just twist and pull..

Hi Ben, bought your pod a few months ago, but the Auto Meter mechanical tube fitting is too long for the pod. Tried a right angle fitting with the same result. Any suggestions?
photostream

Hi Ben, bought your pod a few months ago, but the Auto Meter mechanical tube fitting is too long for the pod. Tried a right angle fitting with the same result. Any suggestions?
photostream

Have you replace the brass fitting with the 90 degree angle?
Send me some pics, if it still doesn't work.Send it to me to have it fix..
Ben ;)

I have no idea how to send a pic. I tried to link to a pic I placed on flickr, but it obviously did not work. Bill

Auto Meter Brass Fitting too Long for Pod

Hey Ben. Installing the pod/gauge and I'm running into the same problem as another guy had with the auto meter gauge. The brass fitting for the auto meter gauge is too long for the pod. Do you remember what the solution is? Does the pod need to be deeper or do I need to get another brass fitting at 90 degree angle?

Have you replace the brass fitting with the 90 degree angle?
Send me some pics, if it still doesn't work.Send it to me to have it fix..
Ben ;)

Hey Ben. Installing the pod/gauge and I'm running into the same problem as another guy had with the auto meter gauge. The brass fitting for the auto meter gauge is too long for the pod. Do you remember what the solution is? Does the pod need to be deeper or do I need to get another brass fitting at 90 degree angle?
Pm sent,

Back