I purchased the gaskets for my 2008 CX-9 yesterday. Mazda uses a different part number than Ford, but the part IS the same.My CX-9 is a 2007, so it came with the Duratec35, and since I work for Ford (among other car lines, none being Mazda) I simply used Ford parts. I am not sure if 2008 and newer CX-9s with the 3.7L has a different intake plenum design, but if not these are the part numbers I used:
Qty. 3 - 7T4Z-9H486-DA (intake plenum gaskets)
Qty. 6 - AYFS-22F-M (or Motorcraft #SP-411) (spark plugs)
Removal of Intake Plenum:
1. Remove the air cleaner outlet pipe.
2. Disconnect the throttle body electrical connector.
3. Disconnect the evaporative emissions (EVAP) tube from the intake manifold.
4. Disconnect the brake booster vacuum hose from the intake manifold.
5. Disconnect the positive crankcase ventilation (PCV) tube from the PCV valve.
6. Disconnect the PCV fitting electrical connector.
7. Detach the wiring harness retainers from the upper intake manifold.
8. Remove the 2 upper intake manifold support bracket bolts.
9. Remove the 6 bolts and remove the upper intake manifold.
10. Remove and discard the gaskets.
Removal of Spark Plugs:
1. Disconnect the 6 ignition coil-on-plug electrical connectors.
NOTE: When removing the ignition coil-on-plugs, a slight twisting motion will break the seal and ease removal.
2. Remove the 6 bolts and the 6 ignition coil-on-plugs.
NOTICE: Only use hand tools when removing or installing the spark plugs or damage can occur to the cylinder head or spark plug.
NOTE: Use compressed air to remove any foreign material in the spark plug well before removing the spark plugs.
3. Remove the 6 spark plugs.
Installation of Spark Plugs:
1. Install the 6 spark plugs. Tighten to 15 Nm (133 lb-in).
NOTE: Apply a small amount of dielectric grease to the inside of the ignition coil-on-plug boots before attaching to the spark plugs.
2. Install the 6 ignition coil-on-plugs and the 6 bolts.
Tighten to 7 Nm (62 lb-in).
3. Connect the 6 ignition coil-on-plug electrical connectors.
Installation of Intake Plenum:
1. Using new gaskets (no need for adhesive, just make sure they are seated correctly), install the upper intake manifold and the 6 bolts.
2. Tighten in the sequence (Middle front, middle rear, passenger rear, passenger front, driver front, driver rear) to 10 Nm (89 lb-in).
3. Install the 2 upper intake manifold support bracket bolts. Tighten to 10 Nm (89 lb-in).
4. Attach the wiring harness retainers to the upper intake manifold.
5. Connect the PCV fitting electrical connector.
6. Connect the PCV tube to the PCV valve.
7. Connect the brake booster vacuum hose to the intake manifold.
8. Connect the EVAP tube to the intake manifold.
9. Connect the throttle body electrical connector.
10. Install the air cleaner outlet pipe.
Hope this helps you!
Most likely they screwed something upI took my car to Sears Auto, but when I got it back every time I press on the gas the car would shaked, liked it's not getting enough gas. What you think they possibly did wrong?