How To: Ebay FMIC

Ok I don't really know anything about intercoolers, so I am asking for your opinion. I had a Hiboost FMIC on my car which lost to a pole. The only thing that broke was the core. My friend (mechanic) told me either i get a new one exact same model of I have to repipe my car for a different new intercooler. I'm wondering do I have to repipe if i get a new one with the same measurements around? Can i Just repipe a bit to get a new FMIC to fit?

As long as you get close you can use a coupler to make it... just take measurements... make sure the inlet/outlet orientation is the same.

The pictures aren't showing up in the initial post, I haven't looked through all 69 pages but are there pictures in this bad boy showing what pipes you cut and where you cut them?

Ok so I got a new FMIC but the problem is that i have to repipe it to make it fit. Now my question is will it matter it a go from a 2 1/2" pipe to 3" back to 2 1/2" into the IC? I have to get the car running today and as far as I know that only IC piping I can go and pick up is 3". So if a just use reducers to make it fit will it effect the performance or cause any harm? When I have more time and its nicer out I'm going to just repipe the whole thing but for right now i need to have the car running.

You may want to section the crash bar so that you can move the IC up about 2". This is some fairly involved fabrication though, as I would STRONGLY recommend welding it back together for the safety of you and anyone in your car.

ok i hate to bring up an old thread again but has anyone figured out which kit is the perfect one for our cars? i am about to do the fmic setup but need exact measurments for a fmic without cutting the crash bar
so which cx racing kit do i buy?

Did you read the thread? lol
It's all in here. I used a 27"x7"x2.5" core I believe, 2.5" piping and couplers. You will need some extra couplers and slim fans make the job easier.

lol yea i read till bout page 8 but most people talked bout cutting and re welding the crash bars and using a 3.5 core but i dont wanna cut so thats y i posted.. so a 2.5 core will work then? will there be any performance loss compared to the 3.5?

i was looking at this kit https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned) but i see its only 5.5 high

Last edited:
lol yea i read till bout page 8 but most people talked bout cutting and re welding the crash bars and using a 3.5 core but i dont wanna cut so thats y i posted.. so a 2.5 core will work then? will there be any performance loss compared to the 3.5?

i was looking at this kit https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned) but i see its only 5.5 high
I used a 7" tall core and didn't cut anything. core was 24" wide plus end tanks. You'll need at least one kits worth of bends, probably a couple more besides either couplers or pipe.

A 2.5" deep core is plenty for the boost these cars run.

Back