How To: Ebay FMIC

Ebay BOV FTMFL.

I don't understand why everybody keeps ******* hating on ebay bov's. I've bought my complete kit from cxracing thru ebay. for 2 years now running low 8 pounds or 17 pounds it works like a charm. no blown diaphragms nothing. u have to know how to set it up duuh, and it'll serve u forever. its like people buying snap-on tools cause of the warranty. use the dam tools correctly and you wont break them.

I don't understand why everybody keeps ******* hating on ebay bov's. I've bought my complete kit from cxracing thru ebay. for 2 years now running low 8 pounds or 17 pounds it works like a charm. no blown diaphragms nothing. u have to know how to set it up duuh, and it'll serve u forever. its like people buying snap-on tools cause of the warranty. use the dam tools correctly and you wont break them.

That is not the typical experience. But beyond functional reasons, I don't condone purchasing rip-off items reverse engineered and built by some chinaman who makes in a year what I do in a day for a number of reasons.

Ebay BOV FTMFL.

Invalid. eBay bovs=fail

as promised. Photos of my setup.

photo50.jpg

photo49.jpg

photo48.jpg

You think you could help me out with the fmic???

What did you guys do about the intake? Because I have the stock plastic piping with a cone filter on it. I dont want to buy an Injen CAI or anything. What size is the inlet for where the cai goes? Could I just make my own CAI with the extra intercooler pipes?

What did you guys do about the intake? Because I have the stock plastic piping with a cone filter on it. I dont want to buy an Injen CAI or anything. What size is the inlet for where the cai goes? Could I just make my own CAI with the extra intercooler pipes?

Depends if your setup is VTA or recirculated. If it's VTA you can just run a pipe. click on the MSP turbo info in my sig for the size of the inlet.

I used leftover pipe from my CAI kit. a 2.25" coupler will fit the turbo inlet and adapt up to 2.5" pipe with a little work. Then just pick up a 2.5" cone filter, deal done. (If you have one on your MAF now it is likely 2.75")

As stated above, this requires you to be VTA with a relocated MAF.

I would suggest cutting inside those lines, and then folding it over the remaining metal... less likely that if you do end up rubbing you put a hole in your coupler or pipe.

There should be no need to Ghetto Cut the bumper. (I am guilty of doing that in the past too, so I'm not giving anyone in particular s***, just a general statement)

That's how I did mine too. that way you aren't having your pipes go under stuff or having them be pointlessly long

Invalid. eBay bovs=fail

^ Invalid. Mine has not failed yet and its over a year old so far. No reason to buy a name branded BOV unless you want that "hey I spent extra money on something because it has a name on it".

Last edited:
Back