How to drive Semi-automatic

randy00

sup guys just wondering how to use the semi-automatic on the cx-9.. my question is.. do u have to release the gas when shifting gears or can u just keep ur foot on the gas while shifting>? also, can u switch from auto to semi while crusing?

thkx in advance

Yes and yes.
When shifting, no need to let off the gas. Just make sure not to hit the rev limiter.

When cruising, switching between auto and manual, the transmission will stay in the same gear it was in before the switch.

Yes and yes.
When shifting, no need to let off the gas. Just make sure not to hit the rev limiter.

When cruising, switching between auto and manual, the transmission will stay in the same gear it was in before the switch.

I have noticed in auto while switching to manual my CX-9 drops a gear down. I have never tried switching modes while accelerating though. Maybe the vehicle senses coasting and factors that into a gear drop when switched to manual???(boom04)

I have noticed in auto while switching to manual my CX-9 drops a gear down. I have never tried switching modes while accelerating though. Maybe the vehicle senses coasting and factors that into a gear drop when switched to manual???(boom04)

Something like that. Ours often downshifts one, but not always. Seems to do it when we are slowing. Smart car

Leave it in D. Manumatics are a waste of time. The shift logic on the CX-9 is one of the best anyway, it always seems to be in the right gear.

Just did a test. While during acceleration and constant speed, if you shift to manual it stays in the same gear. When coasting or slowing if you put it in manual it will downshift one gear automatically. Using manual is not a waste of time if you live in D.C. as I do. If you use it to slow forward movement it saves wear and tear on your brakes and helps prevent rotor warping from overheating associated with stop and go traffic.

When coasting or slowing if you put it in manual it will downshift one gear automatically. If you use it to slow forward movement it saves wear and tear on your brakes and helps prevent rotor warping from overheating associated with stop and go traffic.

Yeah, cause transmissions are so much cheaper than brake pads and rotors.

Never downshift to slow a vehicle. Only do it to access more power out of a turn.

I find it VERY useful for traffic and hilly roads. Not to use the engine for slowing, but to have more control in stop and go, and keep the trans from hunting over hills. Also a lot of fun to get max acceleration.

Leave it in D. Manumatics are a waste of time. The shift logic on the CX-9 is one of the best anyway, it always seems to be in the right gear.

I like to use manual when I'm stuck in a traffic jam. I keep it in 2nd gear to creep along. It's much smoother than starting off in 1st gear every time. Manual is also handy when passing cars. After I stomp on the gas, the automatic has a small delay before downshifting. In manual mode I can downshift immediately.(drive2)

Yeah, cause transmissions are so much cheaper than brake pads and rotors.

Never downshift to slow a vehicle. Only do it to access more power out of a turn.

At first I was peeved by this sarcastic remark, but did some digging. Although you can safely use the transmission of your CX-9 to downshift to slow your vehicle because it is equipped with a tranny cooler, it is not recommended. This engine braking can cause excess wear. Thanx for the tip!(iagree)

At first I was peeved by this sarcastic remark, but did some digging. Although you can safely use the transmission of your CX-9 to downshift to slow your vehicle because it is equipped with a tranny cooler, it is not recommended. This engine braking can cause excess wear. Thanx for the tip!(iagree)

:D

Back