How To Acquire Non-US Spec Head Restraints for a US-spec CX-5

actually guys, not much difference that I can see, 2016 vs 2017, only thing is I see the 2017 rear wiper sticks up higher than previous, maybe it's just not all the way down....

and what's that loop on the center headrest for ? , last time I saw that was on the CX-9 where the seatbelt for the center passenger came from the ceiling down across the center passenger shoulders.

Last edited:
My wife says these make a huge difference.She is always right

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Apologies for the necropost here, but I'm wondering if there is a source for the JDM versions of the '17 up headrests, or if the older ones are still the best bet. I do notice the stock headrests obscuring vision at the edges. Thanks.

Apologies for the necropost here, but I'm wondering if there is a source for the JDM versions of the '17 up headrests, or if the older ones are still the best bet. I do notice the stock headrests obscuring vision at the edges. Thanks.

Nothing wrong with necro posting a relevant thread.

I know you can order jdm oem/aftermarker parts through japanparts.com, you will have to email them with the part number and your details to get a quote.

I guess I was curious whether you ordered K072-88-240 02 for your 2016 CX-5 with black stitching but JapanParts.com sent you KD51-88-240 02 with red stitching?

2013~2015:
KD49-88-240 02 - Black Touring Cloth with Red Stitching
KD51-88-240 02 - Black GT Leather with Red Stitching
KD51-88-240 34 - Sand GT Leather with Sand Stitching

2016~?:
K070-88-240 02 - Black Touring Cloth with Black Stitching
K072-88-240 02 - Black GT Leather with Black Stitching
K073-88-240 39 - Parchment GT Leather with Parchment Stitching

I am getting ready to order these for my 2018, was looking to get black leather with red stitching, and I like the low profile of the pre 2017 model. So is it my understanding, the KD51-88-240 02 - Black GT Leather with Red Stitching, should fit the 2018 as well ?

xresize_image.php,qimg=53929,asx=458,asy=351.pagespeed.ic.IixeIoq7HP.jpg

I am getting ready to order these for my 2018, was looking to get black leather with red stitching, and I like the low profile of the pre 2017 model. So is it my understanding, the KD51-88-240 02 - Black GT Leather with Red Stitching, should fit the 2018 as well ?

xresize_image.php,qimg=53929,asx=458,asy=351.pagespeed.ic.IixeIoq7HP.jpg

Ok, yes these will fit your 2018 (if you haven't already ordered them). I had actually removed my outboard rear headrests because I rarely have rear passengers. I was on the fence about these but decided to give them a try. Ordered on 11/20, received them today 12/11. Total price $128.47 including shipping for the pair.

I just put them in & I like them so far. Definitely improves the rear view (haven't gone on a test drive yet) & the seats fold nicely without having to fiddle with anything.

Edit: Just drove with these in & I do like the improved rear view.

Last edited:
I just put them in & I like them so far. Definitely improves the rear view (haven't gone on a test drive yet) & the seats fold nicely without having to fiddle with anything.

The folding seats is my main incentive, I rarely have rear passengers either. Thanks

Does anyone know if Exclusive Model in Japan is the same color as the US Signature Trim Brown?
Thinking about getting the rear set and I was wondering if Japanparts No 479-100-006 -379-100-007 were what I needed to match our US Brown interior. The pics look close, but it lists it as RED which kinda threw me off.

Does anyone know if Exclusive Model in Japan is the same color as the US Signature Trim Brown?
Thinking about getting the rear set and I was wondering if Japanparts No 479-100-006 -379-100-007 were what I needed to match our US Brown interior. The pics look close, but it lists it as RED which kinda threw me off.

The answer is in this thread

Dead thread bump. Does anyone who swapped for the low profiles want to sell me their originals? Don’t care color or condition, i plan on ripping everything off and using the posts for an amplifier rack im building. Have to fit rear seats in 2018 CX-5 GTS

Back