How To Acquire Non-US Spec Head Restraints for a US-spec CX-5

CodyZoom

:
2013 CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech Package (Sky Blue)
Would like to get the non-US Spec rear head restraints for my US-Spec CX-5 and don't know how to get them. Any ideas?

Maybe one of our Aussie bretheren can help you out by purchasing locally and shipping it?

otherwise, try contacting a JDM importer and see if they can help.

The US-Spec are much larger in size, maybe due to rewquired safety standards or something. I hopped on the Australian Mazda site, to a look at the Gallery and sure enough they were different - more sleek and sexy, plus didn't get in the way as much when folding the seats flat. User Inodes was the one who informed me of this on another thread.

Happy to source prices from Mazda Australia and Mazda Japan. You might find getting them from Japan might be a little cheaper.
Other option is that your go through Mazda USA to order the headrests as a spare part. There should be distinct part numbers.

Last edited:
or if thats the way they are in canada, you could just take a road trip up north.

or if thats the way they are in canada, you could just take a road trip up north.
Unfortunately not... :(
http://images.mazda.ca/MciWeb/images/garage/gallery/2013/cx5/pho_gallery_CX5_int9.jpg
pho_gallery_CX5_int9.jpg

i'd have to agree...having tried to get my seats to fold down the other day, it wasn't quite as easy...because I still had to go over to the side and push the headrest down in order to have it flat. Would be interested in checking out how to source them and how much they are.

I can tell you that if either of the passenger's seats is all the way back in the Australian version (with the short headrests), the seats need a push to go all the way down. They just fit.
If the seats through are one notch forward, the seats can forward all the way down just by releasing the lever.

I contacted my dealership in the US and received the below response:

"I did talk to parts and did some research my self, could not find the smaller rear headrests. You can get them in different colors, just not different size. Let me see if we can find it aftermarket."

So it might be harder to acquire the Aus-Spec headrests than I thought. I can live with having the seats 1 notch forward...no problem, but having to fold them everytime? No thanks. If there aren't any aftermarket available I'm going to check if a local upholstrey shop can modify the current ones at all and find me some space.

I just noticed that the 2010 CX7 has the same kind of headrest as the European CX5 model.

I wonder if they would fit?

I might be worth to take a look. Anyone own a cx7 and 5?

Last edited:
Anyone checked the Center low pofile headrest to see if the post spacings are the same? I haven't yet, but it's a good chance...

I am recontacting my dealer to see if they have part numbers for the AUS/JAPAN spec rear headrests. I still want those. I called a few automotive upholstrey shops locally and for some reason they seem hesitant to do a custom job to reduce the size of the US-Spec headrests.

Unfortunately, I highly doubt they have access to any parts diagrams for non-US models.

I'd love to find a source for non-US accessories for both our Mazdas as they don't offer as many here for them.

I've been trying to get info on the LED DRL option from my US Dealer. No luck.

Wonder how much the head rests cost.
How much would shipping be from AUS?

Back