How Often Do You Wash Your Mazda 6?

ABCGarage

ABC Garage
:
2015 Mazda6 Sport
Admittedly I'm a horrible owner for this, but it was 3 months and some days before I ended up washing my car. I decided to film with my friend to make a quick cinematic video (that will be Friday's upload), but this is the behind the scenes lol.

Let me know how frequent you wash your car, I'm curious!

Depends on where you live, among other things.
Here in the great white salty roads north, my car doesn't get washed for 6 months, from November to April.
There's no point really. Too cold and messy during the winter, and I don't trust car washes to not damage the paint.
Even with supposedly "clean" water in those car washes, all that really happens is that it rinses and shoots/forces salty water into all the crevasses and spaces of the car, and actually accelerates the rusting process. It may look clean on the outside, but it's wet and rusting on the inside.
It's better just to leave it dirty and dry in the winter.
Also, if you wash it in cold weather, the doors and windows tend to freeze shut overnight.
I give it a good clean in the spring after the snow is gone, and then only wash it once every few weeks, until the next winter.

I know what you mean, I am in Montreal and the car does not get wash till late spring which can mean as late as May. But we have gotten our car washed in winter before when the inside was getting a little too dusty and needed a good vacuum. We do not have a garage or a drive way, street parking only. What we do is we use a hand car wash service in a shopping center. Drop it off when we get there, do our shopping and pick up a clean and dry car on the way out.

The only good thing about wet and heavy snow is, it will clean the car when you brush or put the snow off the car.

The only good thing about wet and heavy snow is, it will clean the car when you brush or put the snow off the car.

Ain't that the truth.
Gotta love that wet snow coming down at the freezing mark, or just above that. I call it snowball snow.
It cleans the car off pretty good when you remove it.
I don't know of any shopping malls around here that have a car wash service, but there are a few parking garages in downtown Ottawa that provide that.
There are also one or two of those do it yourself car wash locations where you use a wand. Those I prefer to automated car washes. At least you have some control with those.
For the most part though, the Mazda stays in the garage during bad weather, and I drive the Pathfinder instead.

Latest posts

Back