How many miles has your Mazda2 traveled?

c7scayman

:
96 Mazda Protege DX 1.5L
Now that they have been out for a while, I want to get an idea of long term high mileage reliability in our Mazda2's. Please only answer if you have over 100,000 miles. I have low mileage Mazda2 at 40,000 miles and have owned a high mileage 96 Mazda Protege from 2005-2012. I had an overall good experience with my Protege only having issues with the A/C compressor and front axles. I also know a few people with the 626, Protege's, NA Miata, and Millenia that all reached near 200,000 miles with little to no major issues.

1. What is your odometer reading?
2. What repairs have you done and how much did they cost? Don't include oil changes, batteries, bulbs, filter changes, tire changes, tune ups, or brake pad/rotor changes.
3. How has the interior held up? Any quality issues? Any loss of color in the buttons? Any loss of light in the gauges?
4. Any recurring issues?

purchased Oct 2011
89000 miles
No repairs
No discoloration on upholstery, light gauges perfect
No issues

Andres

Not high mileage myself yet at 65k... But I see used ones through work pretty commonly when being reconditioned for resale.

The ONLY problems I've seen: a window switch failed, a leaking oil pan gasket, a leaking timing cover gasket, and a bad thermostat.

Those were among 3 different cars... One of which had the oil pan gasket + window switch issue. All had 60-80k miles from what I recall.

I've probably seen about 25+ in the last few years come through the shop I work at.

They're well above average reliability IMO.

No high miles here.

I use public transport, so my 2012 M2 Touring is only abused by to teen boys during the weekend.
1. 15,662 (is it broken in yet?)
2. Only repairs are paint scratches from door dings (in the garage). The poor green thing.
3. Interior is great, don't disturb the dust. No labels scratching off and plastic still shiny (when dusted).
4. Its very nimble in avoiding potholes and great for car camping.

Bought mine August 2014.

20K miles.
No repairs.
Interior's perfect...just some squeaks and rattles which are to be expected.
No issues.

Mike

10/2010

156.000km
Regular greasing of the steering column for clunking noise, two engine mounts replaced/fixed due to track use, 3rd gear syncro replacement for the same reason.
Interior and exterior perfect

10/2010

156.000km
Regular greasing of the steering column for clunking noise, two engine mounts replaced/fixed due to track use, 3rd gear syncro replacement for the same reason.

How much did it cost for the synchro repair? I drove my old 96 Mazda Protege rough for 8 years and the 2nd gear synchro went at 160,000 miles. I am tracking the two in autox so I expect to eventually get synchro issues.

How much did it cost for the synchro repair? I drove my old 96 Mazda Protege rough for 8 years and the 2nd gear synchro went at 160,000 miles. I am tracking the two in autox so I expect to eventually get synchro issues.

The parts for 3rd gear cost 160euros.

Well I am at 41,000 miles. Owned for 1 year. Replaced squeaky arm rest under warranty. I have a steering clunk at low speeds (I suspect it is a steering rack lubrication issue) and the interior started having many squeaks this past week (assuming cold weather is making the bushings squeak).

1. 50,000, I've put 15,000 on it in 1 1/2 years of ownership.
2. No repairs.
3. Interior is perfect.
4. My clutch wears down unusually fast. There is some odd whining noise when under acceleration. Those are probably my fault.

10/2010

156.000km

Could you describe where you grease the steering column? I'm having that same clunk. Thanks in advance.

09/2012 Bought used with 15k
Warranty covered fuel pump at 20k
I have two little issues with interior but nothing major, the plate on my shifted (1-R) had come off but I blame Texas heat and my center console doesn't hold keep closed if lifted up. Other than that everything else seems to be held together well.
Since I've bought the car when going about 2-4k I can hear a metal rattling in mid section of exhaust. Someone mentioned it might be debris around heat shield, I still haven't checked it out but its not hurting anything.

It is a fun car through and through though.

Bought mines with 5 miles on the odometer in 2012. It has 58k miles went through 16 auto x days, 5 track days, two 700 mile round trips, and countless times up the mountains to the ski resorts. Haven't replaced anything yet only tires oil and spark plugs. The car did get hit two times.... In the same corner.... Replacing lower arm, tie rods both front rims, driver headlight, washer bottle, driver fender, front bumper, and driver door

Just bought an ‘11 with 170k miles on the clock. Car had a diet of Amsoil every 7m miles and came with a 2” stack of service records.

Some dents and scratches inside and out, a front end clunk, and a rear wheel bearing needs replaced but otherwise a strong runner and 31 mpg last two tanks. Impressive as it’s all city miles while being driven like an asshole.

Just replaced the water pump, thermostat, radiator, alternator and idler pulley at 223,000 miles. Here's to another 100,000. The Mazda2 has been phenomenally reliable for me.

Back