How long did your brake pads last?

You will notice though most impact wrench sets all use 6-point. IMO.. it's more important on high torque applications.

Everything here was included in the hardware kit.
The only redundant items with brake pads were the brown and black grease packets. Just pads and grease. Nothing else pictured above came with pads.
OK, good to know. For the price I'd do the same replacing these old shims and springs and more grease to boot! :)

The shim kit you ordered is for non-EPB only, I've to find correct PN for my 2016 CX-5 when the time comes.

Is there an instruction telling you the difference between these two greases? I imagine brown grease (rubber friendly) is for sliding pins and black grease (moly, anti-rattling) is applied between shim and pad?

The black grease is for the back of pads. The brown grease is for the contact points on the side the pads have with the shims.

I just used some Sil-Glyde I still had from other brake jobs for the slide pins.

The black grease is for the back of pads. The brown grease is for the contact points on the side the pads have with the shims.

I just used some Sil-Glyde I still had from other brake jobs for the slide pins.
Good to know. So I assume there's no instruction telling us which grease is for which.

It came with instructions showing where to apply each grease. I'll scan or take a picture of them.

It may not be listed. Here is a kit with the same PN on a Russian site that shows the packets.

EDIT: It does have an "A" at end of PN so not sure if that changes things.
EDIT: Actually it says K0Y1-26-49ZA

http://shopcx5.ru/catalog/tormoznaya_sistema/KAY02649Z/

KAY02649Z.jpeg

Last edited:
It may not be listed. Here is a kit with the same PN on a Russian site that shows the packets.

EDIT: It does have an "A" at end of PN so not sure if that changes things.
EDIT: Actually it says K0Y1-26-49ZA

http://shopcx5.ru/catalog/tormoznaya_sistema/KAY02649Z/

KAY02649Z.jpeg
Thanks for the info. I definitely would prefer getting K0Y1-26-49ZA with grease packets if possible. Luckily I just got a new set of rear disc pads、rotors、and revised calipers under warranty based on EPB TSB. It should be a while when I need a new set of rear disc pads. :)

You should be good for a long while... I was at around 5mm left. I could have gone longer but felt good it is all replaced.

79,000. The rears had made 10% life left max. The fronts probably at least 30%. I drive 75% highway so that helps too.

30,000 rears were shot. 69,000 rear caliper just seized today. Mazda told me 2 weeks before they can fix my strut because too many cars are in for service. I am going to an Indy Monday to have everything fixed. Most troublesome new car I have ever owned.

30,000 rears were shot. 69,000 rear caliper just seized today. Mazda told me 2 weeks before they can fix my strut because too many cars are in for service. I am going to an Indy Monday to have everything fixed. Most troublesome new car I have ever owned.
I know this won't help at all, but my God if your CX-5 just isn't a lemon. Doesn't seem very typical all the issues you have had.

I am replacing my rears at 46,000 miles. On newer cars it seems that the rears are set to brake more than the front. This apparently is done to keep the front from diving when braking. I have always let up on the gas when I see a yellow light, versus the many people who brake at the last minute. I also will use engine braking on interstate downgrades. The ones among you with the high mileage, do you do a lot of highway driving versus city? My fronts have 50% left, so maybe around 80,000 or so.

Last edited:
Back