How do you turn off the heat?

I have a 2020 CX-9 and since spring is coming, one day last week the temperature in NY was in the mid 50s. However during a 25 mile drive, I had warm air coming out of the vents and really could not figure out how to turn it off, I redirected the air flow to the floor and that helped but the icon was still lit. On warm spring days I guess turn the thermostat down but will there always be airflow (Still a great car!).

You should press the air recycle switch to on in order to stop the airflow while driving. And for the case of hot air just turn on the AC and set the temp to the coldest than turn it off, this will let air with outside temp if you switch the recycle to off.

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 100
Upvote 0
The thermostatic control should take care of the temperature. If you set the 'stat at, say, 70°, and the system keeps the car's cabin warmer than that, there may be a problem with the control or the dampers in the system. That would be a warranty job.

There is the OFF button to stop all fan-driven air flow, warm & cold, and pushing the recirc button at the same time will stop any air flow due to the car's movement. Other than that there is normally some air flowing all the time, and the AUTO system takes care of mixing warm & cold and the choice of vents it'll come out of.

Upvote 0
Back