Horrible vandalism - saved by sheer luck and common sense

bmninada

Contributor
:
2016 CX-5 AWD GT+iActive Soul Red
6:30 AM - park @ NJ Railways train station parking lot as I decided to take public transport today.
7:30 PM - return - to see huge # of policemen, fire fighters, etc.

Apparently - few miscreants decided to find new cars in the lot (registration sticker in windshield dead giveaway). Then they sprayed https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)on the rear wheels - rotors/pads/etc. Did it across 10 cars.

Mine was saved only because a. I don't park where everyone parks b. I park somewhere away, away (least used areas) so that my doors don't get dinged. c. there's this camera (another building) capturing my section of park.

WHAT A HORRENDOUS IDEA = this is extreme. The cars, wheels, everything is super locked/glued now. The police folks are talking to some chemical company to see if there are some solvents, etc.

I though stealing people's wheels and leaving the car on the ground was evil. The spray foam is far beyond evil. I just dread that anyone decides to emulate this.

A few years ago, reported on one of the motorcycle forums that I'm a member of, someone took offense to the loud pipes of a neighbor's Harley. It seems that this Harley rider liked to make sure that everyone in the neighborhood enjoyed the sound of his straight pipes at 5:30am as he headed off to work. His bike wasn't nearly as loud when his pipes where filled with expanding foam.

Yes. I listened to Buddy Holly and the Crickets on 45. Was in grade school when JFK was shot. Watched the first man on the moon live on tv.

Apologies to everyone else while we wander nostalgically off-topic.

I was in the womb when JFK was shot. Didn't see the first landing on the moon that I can remember but I was round by then. (yippy)

Is this park and ride location in a bad area or what could be called a dread zone or no go zone?

No, actually. Metropark parking lot, NJ, Iselin/Woodbridge/Edison. Amazing. 1000 cars park there. I know the cop, he's from my town. Caught him yesterday directing traffic due to snow ladden fallen tree. They have not caught the miscreant yet. A total of 7 cars - all between 2018 - 2016 impacted. (I initially said 10, I am wrong). All high end luxury cars. Surprisingly, comprehension coverage is proving to be difficult per car/per owner / per insurance.

Yes. I listened to Buddy Holly and the Crickets on 45. Was in grade school when JFK was shot. Watched the first man on the moon live on tv.

Ah, the good old days. Can't believe how fast time moves now.
I was in grade 9 when JFK was shot, and also watched the moon landing live.
I still have a bunch of my toys and stuff from when I was a kid, and every once in a while a family member will tell me I should sell the stuff because it's worth money.
Yea well, maybe so, but I just can't bring myself to let it go. My grandkids can sell my stuff when I'm gone.....lol

Latest posts

Back