2013~2016 Horn keeps blowing fuse

I have a 2016 CX5 which keeps blowing fuses when I blow the horn. I have replaced the relay and also put in a new horn and it still is blowing fuses. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Find out what else is dead when the fuse blows. For example, if something is plugged into the 12v socket, it could be drawing a lot of amps. The horn just put you over the limit. If the radio, wipers, lights, etc. die also, it could be any of them.

I bet there are some actual Mazda techs. around this board that could help you out more than me. I have just had lots of strange electrical problems in my life with cars that are just bad grounds.
I checked out the ground and it seems to be good so must be something else, thanks for the suggestion

Find out what else is dead when the fuse blows. For example, if something is plugged into the 12v socket, it could be drawing a lot of amps. The horn just put you over the limit. If the radio, wipers, lights, etc. die also, it could be any of them.
Nothing else is dead, just the horn.

Disconnect the wires from the horn, replace the fuse, and honk the horn. Does the fuse blow with the horn disconnected?

Do the 2016 models beep the horn when you lock the car with the fob? This would not use the steering wheel switch. Does the fob blow it too?

I know this is a serious issue for the OP, but I just can't help thinking of old Top Gear "what a piece of junk" or "we built a better mousetrap" segments where Jeremy Clarkson hitting the horn button would cause the hideaway headlights to pop up or Richard Hammond turning on the light switch would make the wipers go instead.

Seriously though, given that the relay and horn were replaced and the ground wire checked, I would suspect a short or broken ground wire in the horn-button. Ultimately though, this is one where you may need a professional.

I have a 2016 CX5 which keeps blowing fuses when I blow the horn. I have replaced the relay and also put in a new horn and it still is blowing fuses. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
There’re 2 horns, high and low, at least for higher trims like my 2016 CX-5 GT. Did you replace both?

I could only find one horn.
I tried a little experiment and replaced the fuse with the vehicle in the garage yesterday and this morning the battery was dead. Once I charged the battery and tried the horn the fuse blew immediately This tells me that there is a short someplace which is drawing current from the battery??

Here is the diagram of the theft-deterrent system, horn, sensors circuit. Tracking down a short can be hard. I think when the horn relay completes the circuit, electricity gets shorted out somewhere on that path. You also have to do a test to make sure it isn't the horn switch itself.

Horn Circuit (page down)

A bad (inconsistent) ground will not blow a fuse. A positive voltage (live) wire that touches ground CAN blow a fuse.

I could only find one horn.
I tried a little experiment and replaced the fuse with the vehicle in the garage yesterday and this morning the battery was dead. Once I charged the battery and tried the horn the fuse blew immediately This tells me that there is a short someplace which is drawing current from the battery??
Do you happen to know which trim level is your 2016 CX-5? Usually these 2 high / low horns are located at opposite locations. The reason I asked is the short could be from the 2nd horn you’ve missed.

Right before the fuse blown, did the horns honk a little bit at all? Have you done any repair or maintenance jobs by you or a garage before the problem started happening?

Back