Homelink

White

:
2017 Mazda CX 5 Touring
Have a 2015 CX5 with tec. Have tried many times to get the garage door opener using the "homelink" setup from the owners manual to work. Following the directions from the owners manual is hard do and never worked (manual is heavy with small print.) So I went to their web site, copied the instructions into MS Word, deleted all the extra stuff from the page and changed the font size to 22 points, so it would be easy to read. Went out to the car and it worked. Don't think it is the same instructions that are in the manual. O Boy. no longer fishing around for the door clicker.

Could not get the Genie to work with the Homelink. I was using the keyfob size remote with no luck for two days. Then I took a chance and switched to the sunvisor sized remote that also came with the opener. It worked the first time ! So if you have multiple remotes and are having a problem with one don't assume they all work the same. Also make sure you have a fresh battery in the remote.

Last edited:
In my situation, aftermarket Gentex mirror(looks very similar to the Mazda one), I had to push the button, on the garage opener ceiling box as well, in conjunction with the mirror button.

Hi tibi, did someone press the ceiling box button at the same time as the Homelink mirror plus the regular garage remote? I was getting the fast red then constant red light so I pressed the Genie box code button, and according to the Mazda instructions, you have to proceed within 30 seconds (fun to jump off a ladder and run into a car...)

I think, that I had to do it three times. Yeah, getting up and down three times on a small ladder is not fun. All this has to be done pretty fast.
I have to repeat this procedure, because a tech reset the garage door opener.

I cant get homelink to work for the life of me. Im sure the wife would appreciate it if I could get it working.

What instructions did yall follow to get it working?

I just drove out of range of my garage door...got Homelink to accept the opener code (as per instructions in Owners Manual).... drove back in front of the garage door and hit the Homelink button. Worked fine first time.

I just drove out of range of my garage door...got Homelink to accept the opener code (as per instructions in Owners Manual).... drove back in front of the garage door and hit the Homelink button. Worked fine first time.

Good point. (bow)

In a couple of cases I had to have Homelink "learn" the remote code when out of door opener range.

Just did our new 2017 GT and it worked on the first try with the buttons for both garage doors. I noticed that these instructions: HomeLink had a 1st step that the owners manual didn't. Maybe not doing this step 1 is what is making it difficult for some.

Last time I had to program it, at the place where I was renting an apartment, I had to do this three time going back and forth, between the car and the door opener and pushing the buttons.
Soon, I will be installing the Liftmaster 8500 jackshaft one and see how that will open. I'm making my home smart, so most likely, it will be some fancy opening going on.

Back