Ho, Ho, Holy sh*t.. my paint

probably, get a tarp or some thick blanket and put it ontop of your car before you set the christmas tree down

I would put a tarp down first, but you still will run the risk of scratching the paint.

If you are getting it from a tree place have them bundle it and bring a moving pad and wrap that around it then tie it down . Thats what my dad always did and he is pretty obsessive about his car.

Millions of hairline scratches:) Just buff it out. and any kind of blanket or tarp rubbing on dry paint will scratch it. I work at a dealership and see this all the time. well fabric scratching paint anyway.

Don't forget about the pine tar that leaks out. Make sure that anywhere the tree is above paint even if it isn't touching it is covered up. That s*** sux to get off of paint. Or just be a grinch like me and buy a fake one.

dont be a pussy, get a tarp and a thick blanket, any scratches from the blanket are going to be minimal and really hard to see, and really how many people say "hey the roof on your car looks great, that flat slab of metal sets off the whole car" besides the car comes with roofracks (unless you dont have them on yours because you just got it not to laong ago" to it really shouldnt be that bad

if you are really THAT worried buy some of those huge garbage can liners, put the tree in that, fold down your seats and stuff it inside your car and just tie the hatch closed

uhh... no. just rent a truck. no need to worry about a perfectly good car getting all scratched up. black paint scratches look really bad. you know how it is!

dear god, its a tree, not a bag of metal shards or rocks, if it is bound corroectly there should be no heavy branches hanging out to scratch the car, and your putting it on a roof rack, its dumb to pay $50 or whatever to rent a truck for 15 minutes

All is well, gentleman. Without further ado, here is Andy's Christmas Tree Install HOW-TO:

1) Get a douglas fir or other minimally scratchy variety.
2) Have the dude wrap it up in netting.
3) Place a fleece blanket over the entire top of your car, making sure to slide it underneath the roof rack thingies.
4) Place tree lengthwise on roof.
5) Tie tree securely in an amongst the roof rack.

There you go, got it home without so much as one scratch.

Aricjm15 said:
dear god, its a tree, not a bag of metal shards or rocks, if it is bound corroectly there should be no heavy branches hanging out to scratch the car, and your putting it on a roof rack, its dumb to pay $50 or whatever to rent a truck for 15 minutes

hey, uh, i just wanted to let you know that, i carry bags of metal shards on top of of my car... all the time.

Back