HKS vs. INJEN?

SpicyMchaggis

Banned
Contributor
Hey, I had a INJEN CAI on my 93 626..it was sweet..but now i have a 2k2 DX protege, and looking for some induction.....anyone have the HKS megaflow on their protege? How does it work out vs. the INJEN CAI price wise and performance wise?

I would go with the AEM short ram. I had one on my old MP3 and it was awesome. Mabey not as effective as the Injen CAI but also not as expensive either.

SpicyMchaggis said:
they are the same price...www.adventon.com is 195.00$ for the INJEN CAI..the AEM was like 190$

Really well when I bought it they werent. I would still go with the AEM. I really like the way my MP3 sounded when I installed mine.

The AEM is $151.68 plus shipping at Adventon. Add me to the list of very satisfied AEM-ers. Sweet sounds and a little bump in performance as well (drive)

is it a short ram? Its the one that tucks down near the front end valence right? its like a big L shape? I definetly don't want a little short ram intake..its gotta either be crazy intake flow...or a CAI

If you have a manual it will make the L shape and sit down behind the bumper. The automatic version is much shorter, with just a little curve. Do a search on here, you'll find some pics.

just wondering

Well looks like i'm going with AEM, thought the design of it (it having a 90 degree angle toward the ground might help bring in colder air?) if it doesn't bring it colder air, i'll just goto lowes and buy some tubing and set it up so it bring the colder air into the tube that ends at the intake (i don't know, theoretically would it work? :confused: ). I also wanted to know how your magnaflow exhaust sounded. I'm thinking about going with tsudo, but I've heard alot of good stuff about magnaflow too.

I think the Magnaflow sounds great. Nice deep tones, never very loud. Loudest between 3k and 4k, but never too loud for me. I got the magnaflow racing series. If you're worried about being too noisy (probably not a problem with stock piping) they also make a magnaflow street series in many of the same styles.

So the Street Series is quieter than the Racing series? I wanted something not too loud, but not to quiet either, something to let the other person know that i'm there, deep and throaty.
Just wanted to know which series you got. There's a million of these things and do they all have a 4 inch tip? I wanted to go something like a 2.5 inch tip.

mine is a 4" diameter, 7" long slant cut tip, oval body racing series

I have the HKS Supermega flow installed on my car. It is a short ram intake and it doesn't sound anything like the AEM or Injen intakes.

sold..i just bought a polish AEM intake...i'll post pics as soon as i get..haha..picked up a magnaflow race series axle-back too...i will get some sound clips up as well!

Back