Hill launch assist stays on

Freedom55

2020 AWD GS Montreal Canada
New member here. The manual says it stays on for 2 seconds which was the case of my previous vehicle (2017.5 Murano) which I always found too short. However, my CX-5 stays much longer which I find kind of nice; I intend to do a test where there is no traffic behind me so I can see how long it stays. So far, I had to step on the gas to avoid stalling other vehicles behind me after more than 10 seconds. Perhaps there was a production change and the manual was not updated? I searched the forum but didn't find anything. I know the auto hold will stay indefinitely if the conditions are met. Happy New Year to all!

Freedom55

Tried again today while doing errands and after one minute it was still on and I had to move as a car pulled behind me and I didn't want to stall the driver. I will do more testing on a street nearby where I can stay without blocking traffic.

I also noticed that if auto hold is used, the EPB will automatically be on once in park, neat! I didn't see this anywhere in the manual.

:
CX5 GT
Same if you are planning to turn off the car shortly after putting it in Park. Very convenient. Also If I recall, when you remove the seatbelt -on running engine.

Freedom55

Latest test: HLA stays on for more than 5 minutes or probably for ever if conditions are continually met!