Higher mileage CX-5's

:
2021 Acura RDX
Hey guys,

Just curious who here has a higher mileage CX-5, and what problems/expenses have you incurred during those miles? My 19' GTR is under warranty, and I plan on keeping it for awhile, but am kind of wondering what I have to look forward to repair wise. However, I do know that the Mazda's are very reliable.

Thanks!

:
Mazda Protege DX
lets see.. for my 19 cx5, it had 24,000kms. Folding mirror motor broke around 12,000km. Engine was replaced at 23,000km LOL

:
2021 Acura RDX
Ouch! Was this a turbo or non-turbo engine? I don't use the folding mirrors, so I'm not too worried about those.

:
2013 Mazda CX-5 Sport FWD Auto

Quiet there lately but likely biggest thread on the topic.

ColoradoDriver

Gen-1 Kodo Design
Contributor
:
Denver, CO
:
2014 CX-5 Touring
96,000 miles on my 2014 now. So far needed 2 lock actuators replaced (front passenger, rear liftgate), tensioner replaced, and a switch with the gated shifter on early model CX-5's. Otherwise just normal maintenance items like oil, tranny fluid, brakes, spark plugs, filters, etc.

:
2016 Mazda, CX-5 GT
122K miles on our 2016 GT. To date other than maintenance items we haven't had to put a dime into it. Still runs and drives like new. Very impressed with Mazda.

:
2013 Mazda CX-5
I have 226,000 on my 2013 CX5. Other than the normal wear and tear (brakes, tires, an incident with a belt that broke), the only thing I had to have fixed was a small hole in my exhaust ... dealership wanted $1,700 to fix ... took it my local guy who welded it for a whopping $75.00.

yrwei52

2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech Pkg
Contributor
:
Plano, Texas, USA
I have 226,000 on my 2013 CX5. Other than the normal wear and tear (brakes, tires, an incident with a belt that broke), the only thing I had to have fixed was a small hole in my exhaust ... dealership wanted $1,700 to fix ... took it my local guy who welded it for a whopping $75.00.
And you didn’t have to change the belt tensioner when your serpentine belt broke?

yrwei52

Contributor
:
Plano, Texas, USA
122K miles on our 2016 GT. To date other than maintenance items we haven't had to put a dime into it. Still runs and drives like new. Very impressed with Mazda.
Same question asked above in post #10 ⋯ ;)

yrwei52

Contributor
:
Plano, Texas, USA
lets see.. for my 19 cx5, it had 24,000kms. Folding mirror motor broke around 12,000km. Engine was replaced at 23,000km LOL
I was wondering what happened after your final dealer visit in your thread about the cylinder #3 mis-firing issue on your 2.5T. Now I know, but please give the thread an update.

2019 CX-5 2.5T Misfire

70,000 on my 2019. Two mechanical issues so far. Transmission axle seal is leaking and I have had to add about a half gallon of antifreeze. I think the lower tank on the radiator has a very slight leak.

yrwei52

Contributor
:
Plano, Texas, USA
70,000 on my 2019. Two mechanical issues so far. Transmission axle seal is leaking and I have had to add about a half gallon of antifreeze. I think the lower tank on the radiator has a very slight leak.
Wow! Certainly lots of miles for 2 years! Is it a 2.5L or 2.5T? Hopefully those problems had been covered under powertrain warranty.

It is a 2.5L. I do drive a lot. I use it alot for work. I haven't fixed either yet. I think the powertrain is over at 65,000. I just noticed the seal last weekend.