Hid lights

Jfunk

:
02 protege5 5spd- wrecked rip. 03 protege5 5spd (parts)
Anyone know a good hid kit for the p5? Thinking of upgrading.

HID's in the standard headlight is just dangerous to oncoming traffic. Way too bright.

A projector retro-fit is the only way to go. You get the best light effect with the projectors and is safer for oncoming traffic.

My 35W HIDs are no brighter than 3/4 of whatever everyone else is running these days so that argument is less and less true every model yr. Point them down some and drive. There is a point where they are effective and no one flashing you. Point of reference.......lows point down so far that my brights have yellow bulbs and now work as fog lights closer to the car with the HIDs hitting just out from there. That being said, I do have a pr of retros with jiggly projectors scored for very reasonable price that need to be baked open and tightened up. Just haven't gotten to it.

+2 on DDM kit....have had mine for 10 yrs or so and still great. Haven't had to swap a bulb or ballast. It does have the battery harness. Worth it IMO.

Last edited:
ddm are cheaper kit thats usually fairly reliable. ive had them in a couple cars ive owned. basically a plug and play swap. down side is putting hids in a halogen housing scatters light everywhere and lots of people frown on that. cops too. morimoto minis are more expensive and require more work to install however they are legal and focus the light out in front of the vehicle. ive had mine for over 7 years. the newer minis can use the 50w hid kits for even more light if needed. they wont damage the reflector bowls in the new kits. ive been very pleased with 35w as i do mostly city driving. if you do alot of country driving the 50w might be a better kit for you. either way projectors will help keep the law from stopping you.

For the record, I have NEVER been pulled over for my lights. I also have never been flashed either. Like i12drivemyMP5 said, just point them down a bit (which you can do with the DDM kit) and roll.

Plus even if your lights are bright, its no worse than the lifted pickups that blind EVERYONE with low beams..

What about led. Anybody run those? Any good kits out there for led?

Maybe they are better now but tried some in my truck awhile back and they sucked ass.........

Last edited:
I got some cheap ebay LED headlights and they were garbage, the stock headlights were far brighter. If you go LED get the $80+ kits. I have used DDM kits for years without any issues.

What about led. Anybody fly those? Any good kits out there for led?

You should try these !!! 109,000 Lumens!!!

They'll Kick Ass !!!

They're Canadian Too Eh !!

Screenshot_2017-11-16-16-11-03.png

Screenshot_2017-11-16-16-12-11.png

Last edited:
You could glue your landing lights to the power mirror mechanisms from your parts car then mount them behind your fog light lenses !!!??

You could steer your beam on the fly !!!

Like A Police Copter !!;

You could glue your landing lights to the power mirror mechanisms from your parts car then mount them behind your fog light lenses !!!??

You could steer your beam on the fly !!!

Like A Police Copter !!;
That's actually a crazy idea

It Says "Remains For Sail"...

That's What I Was Doing !!!

Last edited:
Back