NB MX-5 Hey, it's Minnie!

chiefmg

MOTM July 2015
:
'81 RX-7 GS, '00 Miata SE, '16 Camaro (wife's), '15 CX-5 GT AWD
Hadn't done much lately due to honey-dos before I went back to work. Did get out for some tuning the other day. Was out today for lunch and electric karting with a couple of my sons, rain came while I was out. She has always been a bit touchy with the MP62, but it was much more noticeable today. Guess that extra pressure from the proper belt shows even at low speeds. It was fun but something to watch for.

Signed up for autocross on that Sunday, provided it doesn't rain I may have another video to post. I hear the thuds from folks dropping over.

chiefmg

MOTM July 2015
:
Some fun. Had my temperature gauge go nuts as I was pulling into the lot for a cars & coffee. Nothing seemed wrong and it was fine on the way home. Then shortly before getting home I heard a new noise while boosting, sort of a rubbing metal with pfft pfft overtones. First time I looked under the hood I was concentrating on pulleys and the like. Went for a short drive and still had the noise, when I got home and looked again I found one of the clamps on the 'charger outlet hose and come loose. The metal noise was from the clamp bouncing around hitting the PS reservoir. That was a nice, simple fix.

Just got done prepping for the next day’s autocross. One rear sway end link removed along with various and sundry other things. I'll check tire pressures in the morning and be on my way.

chiefmg

MOTM July 2015
:
My best run from that autocross:

This was my next to last run, my last run was looking to be faster until I screwed up one corner and got very out of shape. (NOTE: I have no idea why there is no audio. The other videos I shot the same day were fine).

After I got home I washed the wheels then went to my storage to swap to my wife's wheels. The last one I put on had very low pressure in the tire. Got some air at a station close by, got home and tightened the metal valve stem and topped off the air pressure. Checked a while later and it was low again. A little investigation showed the screw-in part of the Schrader valve was loose (or maybe defective). Took it off so the wife can take it to the place that swapped the tires over to fix. Sucks this happened the night before I leave, but at least I found it beforehand.

Last edited:

chiefmg

MOTM July 2015
:
My wife got that wheel/tire fixed, turned out it was a bad valve stem. So kiddies make sure if you buy those from eBay you get multiple sets. I had two other sets from a different place in the past with no problems, but you just never know. I had already bought another set (but different) so now one doesn't match the others. I'm probably going to get some 949 ones next time home so I won't have to worry again.

chiefmg

MOTM July 2015
:
A JDM MS spoiler was now mine. Not in my possession mind, but Rod (of Tetsuya Garage) won the auction so once it's in his hands it would be sent my way. Should be waiting for me when I get home.