Help with DRL 2014 and fog lights

2014 CX-5 GT
Are the Fog Lights supposed to come on with the DRL when the stalk switch is set to the icon for fog lights?
My high beams come on as the DRL at low intensity (1) but the fog lights do not. Is this normal? My fog lights do come on when with low beams in headlight on mode and swtich set to fog light. Need to know this for certain on the 2014 GT model.

(1) Low intensity is achieved by + and - reversing. The Yellow wire (on drivers side) is Ground when brights are on and Positive when in DRL mode, this puts the brights in series which drops the intensity. Also prevents an LED bulb from being a DRL but works fine as a bright.,

Help with DRL 2014 and fog lights

No, fog lights will be off automatically when the high-beams are on due to strange US regulation.

Yes, for halogen high-beams on gen-1 CX-5, both high-beam bulbs switches to series mode on wire to achieve lower intensity for DRLs. This creates problem to switch those HB3/9005 high-beam halogen bulbs to LEDs.

52, right you are without muddying the waters I am trying to get some sort of DRL back with my LED install. My current thought is to drive the Fog Lights (lower bumper light) with a relay fired by the wire that is hot in DRL mode. If I am thinking correclty this will give me DRL (acting as Fog Lights) and my fogs will operate normally when not in DRL as the relay would NOT be triggered by the Yellow wire when not in DRL mode as it goes ground and not Pos. In DRL mode the relay would pull from from the Yellow on bright circuit. When Brights come on or Yellow goes neg the Relay is no longer operative and Fog lights go off.

Back