help!!! rear brakes grinding!!!

:
'03 Protege 5, '08 Toyota FJ, '11 Mazda 3 i touring
help!!! i juz changed my brake pads a month ago but my calipers are still grinding...i dunno why its makin that noise, its been like this for 3 weeks now and its phukin annoying me!!! anyone haz any idea why its doin that? i would appreiceiate the help...thanx!!!

It might sound stupid but check them to see if the Indicator tab is reset right. I messed that up on My F-body and then on my P5. I don't think warped rotors make that sound with new brakes(guessing you dont have warped rotors)<CONSIDERING rotors warped have dont hopefully you that> , but i would try what he said^ somtimes they just make noise.

Did you adjust the calipers with an allen key? There'as an allen head screw behind the caliper(it's got a rubber cover on it) that you turn to adjust the pistons in the rear calipers. :)

Natey said:
Did you adjust the calipers with an allen key? There'as an allen head screw behind the caliper(it's got a rubber cover on it) that you turn to adjust the pistons in the rear calipers. :)
Dang -it where were you when Mine were grinding?!

(dark) He's probably hit the nail on the head.

Natey said:

yup...that is what i did... coz you cant push the rear piston calipers with a c clamp... u know what sucks tho, my rotors are messed up now, it has a deep scratch around it and s***...man im phuckin mad!!!

Damn.
Another way I ****** up while doing my brakes was to bend the clips that are on the top and bottom of the pads. One of the clips was digging into my rotor.
A third way I screwed them up was buying Axxis Ultimate pads. The design of those pads is such that the indicator tab wears a groove into your rotor.Or maybe I just couldn't get them to seat right. (scratch) I ended up buying OEM pads from the dealer for 100 bucks. :( It took care of both my problems, though.

Natey said:
Damn.
Another way I ****** up while doing my brakes was to bend the clips that are on the top and bottom of the pads. One of the clips was digging into my rotor.
A third way I screwed them up was buying Axxis Ultimate pads. The design of those pads is such that the indicator tab wears a groove into your rotor.Or maybe I just couldn't get them to seat right. (scratch) I ended up buying OEM pads from the dealer for 100 bucks. :( It took care of both my problems, though.
I put Ceramix pads on my stock rotors, 20k miles later...... Stock rotors = Pooped out.

Back