HELP NEEDED Buying 2016 CX 5 60k+ miles

Greycx52016

:
CX 5
Hello all this is my first time buying a car, very nervous and dont want to get a bad deal or over used car

Im going to try it this week and would love opinions on buying a used 2016 CX 5 with 60k+ miles!

This is my FIRST car and Im in my older 20s..so Ive held off pretty long trying to wait for the car Ive wanted. I like the style, lots to like, but scared with the high mileage in two years...

NO ACCIDENTS CLEAN CARFAX ONE PERSONAL OWNER! (Dealer used car)

Please help guide me. Thank you

WHEN WILL THE CAR NEED THINGS REPLACED? How many miles will I get from this car before repairs are needed? Tranny? Engine? Seats? (Idk much about cars)

https://www.clearwatertoyota.com/used/Mazda/2016-Mazda-Mazda+CX-5-Clearwater-3fc2cbad0a0e0ae93e2700914b071380.htm

LINK TO CAR!

What should I pay for this? Is their price fair? Overpriced? What should I say? Thank you

Last edited:
https://www.clearwatertoyota.com/us...earwater-3fc2cbad0a0e0ae93e2700914b071380.htm

Please help let me know when I might need to repair or place anything on this the CARFAX is free and viewable to anyone take a look

Do you have a budget in mind, or did this one just catch you eye and happened to be in your price range?

Are you comparing it to any others or shopped around anywhere else?

Price wise for now, their price isn't that bad, but I'd offer $11500 OTD cash, take it or leave it if you have to have this one.

Are they giving any type of warranty to go with it with the sell? I ask because it has zero factory warranty left at 60k miles (powertrain warranty just expired).

Common things would be new brakes, tire condition, and any maintenance records they may have. Would like to think they did something to it at 60k miles...

Good luck in your search, and may you find the car and deal you're looking for...First cars are FUN!

https://www.clearwatertoyota.com/us...earwater-3fc2cbad0a0e0ae93e2700914b071380.htm

Please help let me know when I might need to repair or place anything on this the CARFAX is free and viewable to anyone take a look
The ads say its a 2016.5 CX-5 FWD Sport, which is good as its a base model without too many complicate gadgets or features such as LED DRLs which would cost you to repair. But do check assembly date on the sticker which is locate on the lower B pillar and youll see it when you open the driver door. The date should be after 12/15 for a 2016.5 MY. Or try to find original window sticker susually saved with owners manual and itll say 2016.5. Its kind of important as theres a big fuel filler pipe safety recall at the end of January 2016 which caused stop-sell on CX-5 at the time. Every CX-5 assembled on and after 02/16 should come with a re-designed bracket instead of a bolt removal patch fix.

If this CX-5 Sport is maintained properly, the only major thing Id be worried is the transmission as therere reports on early transmission failure due to a batch of inferior parts been introduced into it. But with 62,793 miles the possibility on that cause should be minimum. If you ever to get this CX-5, do go to a Mazda dealer, especially if you can locate the dealer the previous owner went indicated by invoices which could be with owners manual or in the glove compartment, checking the service records, and see if all 3 safety recalls have been done. Getting the automatic transmission fluid drained and refilled would be my top priority on maintenance at a Mazda dealer with correct Mazda AFT FZ.

Hi what is OTD? 11.5 is a good price for this? There is zero warranty thats extra.

I really like the Mazda CX- 5 compared to other cars in its category I just dont want any repair bills

As for budget Id really prefer under 15k or Id get like a used Touring or Grand Touring. I also want a recent year like 2016 so that narrows my list lol

The ads say its a 2016.5 CX-5 FWD Sport, which is good as its a base model without too many complicate gadgets or features such as LED DRLs which would cost you to repair. But do check assembly date on the sticker which is locate on the lower B pillar and youll see it when you open the driver door. The date should be after 12/15 for a 2016.5 MY. Or try to find original window sticker susually saved with owners manual and itll say 2016.5. Its kind of important as theres a big fuel filler pipe safety recall at the end of January 2016 which caused stop-sell on CX-5 at the time. Every CX-5 assembled on and after 02/16 should come with a re-designed bracket instead of a bolt removal patch fix.

If this CX-5 Sport is maintained properly, the only major thing Id be worried is the transmission as therere reports on early transmission failure due to a batch of inferior parts been introduced into it. But with 62,793 miles the possibility on that cause should be minimum. If you ever to get this CX-5, do go to a Mazda dealer, especially if you can locate the dealer the previous owner went indicated by invoices which could be with owners manual or in the glove compartment, checking the service records, and see if all 3 safety recalls have been done. Getting the automatic transmission fluid drained and refilled would be my top priority on maintenance at a Mazda dealer with correct Mazda AFT FZ.

Hi I dont know anything about cars, I only understood transmission (which is expensive) my first stop would be the Mazda dealer it was bought from up the road, Im going to try to ask them info about it before I buy it, theyre only about 10 mins from each other, I take good care of my gadgets, otter box etc, so I expect to baby my car.

Would this car have any problems before 150k miles? How many miles can I reasonably expect to get before it starts needing things?

Ok just found out OTD is out the door.

Is 11,500 the price I should pay for this? Not more not less? Thanks ago for the replies guys!

$13 is not a bad price. $11,5 would be a fantastic price. I doubt you'll get them that low unless you are NelsonLewis. ;)

11 G's for a 2016.5? I would do homework if it ever been in a flood.

Its from Florida according to the CARFAX I dont know of any flooding i think? 60k miles though thats a crazy job to put so many miles in two years, everything on CARFAX is from Florida though

I would def inspect the car in person. Florida has had some floods recently. That is my main concern for this particular car versus the mileage.

$13 is not a bad price. $11,5 would be a fantastic price. I doubt you'll get them that low unless you are NelsonLewis. ;)

Yea man, their asking price is about on point like stated, and I admit, theyd have about $11,5 in it to sell it probably, but offering no extended warranty, and not knowing the condition of the tires, brakes, etc, it may be possible. I walk in with 115 $100 bills and set it on the table. Take it or leave it. Id sell it to the OP for that if I had it, but it is at a business, so understandable...

Another key question, how long has it been on their lot?? If its approaching the 30 day mark, they better take my price. Its an $8-10k car at auction...

I would def inspect the car in person. Florida has had some floods recently. That is my main concern for this particular car versus the mileage.

Their asking price is actually right on point with what its worth. It is a sport, afterall...

$11-11,500 I quoted is the trade-in value, and its the max I like to, and normally pay for my cars, but in return, if I got a personal car, Ill sell it for close to that too. No stealership games here, bro...

Hi Nelson I tried to find out how to pm you my number but idk how, may you pm it to me so I can call you before I go in today? Im leaving to go there right now id like to call you or someone knowledgeable about repairs/ expected mileage etc.

How many miles can I put on it before it starts needing repairs is a big one

We have no idea how long it's going to go without needing repairs. There is no tried and true formula. These cars are proving reliable though. You will be doing regular maintenance, right? Oil changes and things like that?

We have no idea how long it's going to go without needing repairs. There is no tried and true formula. These cars are proving reliable though. You will be doing regular maintenance, right? Oil changes and things like that?

Yes everything will be done on schedule every 5k Miles (full synthetic if thats the best) Im not going to cheap out on it. Im looking for it to last and I would like to trade it in at like 150k miles looking to put probly 12-15 a year on it

Idk what regular maintenance is besides oil.

The tires are NEW but yes no warranty.

Man, knowing the history of skyactiv models and how to maintain them.......makes me want to go out and buy a used one.

Too bad my existing ones just won't die (band2)

Latest posts

Back