i drove a 06 ms6 sport
then i found the car i bought (my 06 ms6 gt) it seamed a little slower
just a little off the line

can the dealer put it back to stock before they flashed it

and when it comes time for the xcede or ce-p will the reflash hurt the power

Last edited:
they reflashed it because the dealer was legally obligated in doing so

there is nothing you can do about it... it is not possible to undo this

I asked my dealer to put it back and they told me that they can't because Mazda does not give them the program, they plug the car in and it downloads the program straight from Mazda. The dealer never actually get's the flash they are just middle men. It sounds like BS to me but I don't care I'm waiting for the tuners and I'll fix it myself. The relfash pulls a little timing to help keep the car from detonating. The ECU has a super sensitive knock sensor that closes the throttle plate after so many detonations in a certain amount of time. This can be from low octane fuel, very hot ambient temps, etc.. The car has a really high compression for a turbo so it will knock more than others, the DI helps keep this to a minimum though. By pulling timing they reduce the chance that the motor will knock, but it also makes the car a little slower, but like I said a tuner will fix that. :D

The tuners will bypass(CP-E/Xede) or undo(Cobb) whatever changes that the dealer reflash did.

The first two are interceptors that will not change the program but instead intercept the signals going to and from the ECU and change them to whatever you set them to. This means that if you unplug it the car goes back to stock.

The last one is a reflash device that will overwrite the program that Mazda put on you ECU. You can flash it back to stock anytime if you want to, it only takes a minute. That way you can take it to the dealer and they'll never know.

And finally Welcome to the community.(drinks) (nana) (cabpatch)

Last edited:
I got the flash from mazda recently..It sux but if it protects the motor and prevents the whole "Lack of Power" issue than it was well worth it in my mind!

-C

Back