HELP!! GT28RS Wastegate Actuator Bracket Issue..

Metallic36

:
2003 Mazda6 3.0L Speed Yellow
Okay, got the guys putting on my turbo, I'm using the following:

1. GT28RS
2. Turbo clocked, wastegate actuator customized.
3. Wastegate actuator bracket is straight.
4. MAM tubular mani
5. GHL downpipe

They ran into an issue with the mani being on the block, they're not able to get the turbo on the mani due to the clearance room where the actuator bracket is. On the stock turbo, it's a curved bracket, but here it's a straighter bracket. How should they go about getting it on? This same setup was here:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/632942/3

My theory was for them to take off the mani, bolt on the turbo, then shove it in there. I don't know what else for them to do, but I want that turbo on there. Any thoughts or methods of doing this?? The other idea was to get a different bracket and wga. But, since this has worked before, I just need to find out how it was installed.

iirc you are supposed to modify the stock actuator bracket from the t25. That is supposed to take care of the clearence issue.

The other issue we had, since we thought it could just be switched over from the stock turbo to the 28RS, was that the holes would not line up right with the stock bracket on the 28RS.

iirc you are supposed to modify the stock actuator bracket from the t25. That is supposed to take care of the clearence issue.

And the turbo that I have is the identical one to the turbo in the link.. I have the same type of mani, so I don't know if they should just try putting the turbo on the mani without the mani on the block or if there's another way.

i have the 28rs on my stock mani w/ the turbo clocked,wastegate modified and using the gt28rs bracket and its fine if your having problems maybe you can try some spacers on the wastegate ive heard of soem ppl doin that

The pics you Pm'd me about:

Attachments

• IMG_1994.JPG
    IMG_1994.JPG
    665.4 KB · Views: 219
  • IMG_1995.JPG
    IMG_1995.JPG
    480.2 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG_1996.JPG
    IMG_1996.JPG
    685.9 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG_1997.JPG
    IMG_1997.JPG
    581.6 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_1998.JPG
    IMG_1998.JPG
    694.2 KB · Views: 192
and more hope they help.
Thanks to you I found a possible coolant leak I didn't know I had!!

Attachments

• IMG_1999.JPG
    IMG_1999.JPG
    647.4 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_2002.JPG
    IMG_2002.JPG
    600.8 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_2003.JPG
    IMG_2003.JPG
    538.7 KB · Views: 465
Thank you sooo much!!! (nana)

From the pics, I'm assuming you used a stock bracket?

Thanks again!

Yep stock bracket.
When you say clocked you mean the turbo it pointing down right. I'm thinking of doing that next spring. How easy was it?

Alright.. UPDATE.

So, I told the guys to switch the brackets (they took that as use the stock bracket AND the stock WGA), so now my damn car has the stock wga on it (somehow they bent it and I'm assuming they cut it) instead of them putting on the GT28RS wastegate actuator like they were supposed to. That wga was going bad, therefore they were not even supposed to put it back on the car at all. Now my car is totally complete, everything installed. So instead of paying more labor for their fuckup, I'm going to do it myself.

Now, if I use the stock bracket, what WGA should I get? I've seen some that have the bend, and are shorter than the stock actuator, is this the one to use? The 12-14 psi one? I have the one that came on the turbo, it's shorter, has been modified, but wanted to know if ATP has one that is compatible with the GT28RS and that will fit fine.

http://www.frsport.com/FRS-Internal-Wastegate-Actuator-12-14-psi-Upgrade-for-GT28RS_p_9632.html
Will this one work?

put the actuater back on that was on there, assemble the mani and turbo, then install as a whole

If your going to upgrade the WGA get the Forge unit, You can swap out the unner springs for lower and higher boost.

Will it fit right without any modifications? Also, is it the same for the stock turbo and the GT28RS or is there a specific Forge unit for the larger turbo?

If your going to upgrade the WGA get the Forge unit, You can swap out the unner springs for lower and higher boost.

Will it fit right without any modifications? Also, is it the same for the stock turbo and the GT28RS or is there a specific Forge unit for the larger turbo?

PM Ken, Zack, or Aric at PG. They did all the work on my car From what I understand the bracket from my stock turbo was placed on the GT28RS and the Forge Unit found on their site was mounted to that.

Thanks, I pmed Ken. He said that the GT28RS wga won't work with the turbo, so now I'll find out about the Forge. Here is another pic of the turbo.. with the other bracket/wga.

attachment.php

PM Ken, Zack, or Aric at PG. They did all the work on my car From what I understand the bracket from my stock turbo was placed on the GT28RS and the Forge Unit found on their site was mounted to that.

2 years later... i am working on msp2731s car. he has a steedspeed mani and a garrett 28rs.. i went to put the turbo in the car, and the WGA is hitting the block...

is what i'm gathering, the 28rs needs a new WGA and bracket?? because this is getting to be a PITA. also, i'm having issues trying to figure out which way the inner coolant line is routed..do you bend it? or what??

please help!

Back