Help! Dash Has Cracked! What Do I Do?

RG59061

:
2004 Mazda 3i Sedan
Hey gang,

Well, sadly the desert heat of Arizona has unleashed its wrath on my Mazda3...the base of the dashboard below the windshield has slit. I have a three inch crack growing from the very center of the base, where that little "button" is in the middle, to the base of the windshield.

I really hate the carpet dash covers...so I don't just want to cover it up.

What can I do to fix the crack, and then color it to match my original black dash?

Any suggestions or ideas will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.
RG

what year is the car? you might be able to get it covered under warranty.

Sadly, mine is a 2004...I know my warranty is long since expired. I've been to my dealer...the piece that has cracked is the physical base for the dash, that attaches to the firewall, and everything then subsequently attaches to it. They tell me just the part alone is $1800! That is not including labor and all the time...

Thank you for the reply though.

RG

I have a 2006 3s and i have the same problem right where that button is. It looks like a white line though.

I have a 2006 3s and i have the same problem right where that button is. It looks like a white line though.

mine has continued to expand...and now looks just as you describe...a white hair line fracture.

Bondo and paint is one idea, but access to all of it at the base of the dash and the windshield...that is gonna be hard.

Anyone else have any other ideas?

Back