HELP clunking noise from front

HotPr5

HELP scraping noise from front

EDIT: Scraping noise not clunking from front right wheel after spring/strut install. Okay I already took Cellerator's advice and tightened all the endlink nuts. I went back and rechecked everything. Springs are seated on the rubber. All nuts and bolts are torqued to spec.

PROBLEM STATEMENT: Scraping noise coming from front passenger side wheel area when car is moving and steering wheel is turned to the left. No noises when turned to the right. No noises when car is stopped.

NEW INFO: I did have to remove and reinstall the front passenger caliper to access the strut to spindle mounting bolts.

HELP: I am stumped. I can't think of anything. Please entertain me with speculations!

Last edited:
Check to make sure all the bolts are tight, I had this happen when I changed out my springs and it turned out to be a straight bar next to the strut, just tighten everything down again to make sure and everything should quiet.

a straight bar next to the strut? can you be more specific? I'm gonna go check this out but I'm sure I torqued down all the nuts and bolts to specs in the service manual

it's a vertical bar that's like quarter inch thick that is connected, it's been like 2-3 years since I installed my springs so my memory is a little rusty on what it's connected to but after I tightened it, my clunking stopped.

thanks cellerator, I edited my first post and it is not the endlinks. Already tightened them and I am certain of it.

bump!

Back