Help! Anyone know of a mod-friendly dealer in MA, RI, etc?

dougefresh_

:
2006 MS6 wwp
just as title says... preferably within 100 miles of Boston. There's a few speed dealers within 30 miles or so and the def are NOT mod friendly... they would void you for an intake. My warranty is btb to 100K/2013, so I'd like to keep it in tact... I may have a bad ECU or wire harness problem.

Thanks in Advance!!!

Doug

Liberty Mazda in Wakefield, MA. Right off 95. Tell them Marc with the black RX-8 sent ya.

well when i brought my p5 back to champion mazda on main st in brockton ma for the egr recall, the service manager came out to see me and he said "boy, you've made a lot of alterations to your car huh? do you know that can void your warrenty?" i played stupid, which was really easy for me..."really" i said...he replies " well i'll take care of the issue because it's not related to anything you've done to the car" so i guess it's a "mod friendly" place. but of course this was in 2002, i have no idea who's running the show now because the only time i ever went back to the dealer after that was to by mazda pahts.

Try Sentry Mazda.

I wouldnt suggest them... bad experience with my car there...

I second Liberty Mazda in Wakefield... couldnt believe how helpful they were... and cool with any mods i did, even ones that could have easily led to the failure of the part i was bringing it in for.

Awesome, thanks so much guys!! And thanks again Marc for the extra PM info! Looks like I'll be heading to Wakefield for the leaky PTO and all my future stuff.

This is huge for me, and I greatly appreciate the info :)

Ya i go to liberty mazda myself...never had any issues there....they actaully love seeing mazdas with a bunch of after marker stuff on them

Some helpful information I scooped off edmunds.com

"Aftermarket parts or modifications: This aspect of warranty coverage has a great deal of gray area. Although many dealers would have you think otherwise, simply having an aftermarket part or modifying your vehicle cannot void your warranty.

"Some dealerships may say 'just because you have a [cold air] intake or something' that the whole vehicle warranty is voided," explains Loren Wong, Edmunds associate business analyst and a former warranty administrator for BMW and Acura. "That's not true."

The saving grace for consumers is the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act of 1975. The act states that a dealer must prove that aftermarket equipment caused the need for repairs before it can deny warranty coverage.

However, if the reason for a parts failure is unclear, a dealer will usually charge you to diagnose the vehicle. If the aftermarket part was not properly installed or a modification led to a component failure, it is within the dealer's right to void the warranty for that part, and you will have to pay for the repairs out of pocket. If the aftermarket parts had nothing to do with the repairs in question, you will be refunded the fee for the diagnosis.

Any aftermarket performance parts on your vehicle can cause a dealer to suspect that you either drive the car hard or possibly race it. "Although they may not void warranties," Wong added, "modifications may raise a red flag when vehicles are in for service. If consumers who mod their cars do a little research, they may find certain dealerships that are a little more 'mod-friendly.'"

Back