Help! 2007 mazda 6 3.0L, multiple codes, and has been running in limp mode

Crash101

:
Mazda, 6 , S , 2007
Hi all,

For my first post I'd like to start with.... Please Help! :)

I have a 2007 Mazda 6 3.0L manual 5sp. (95k) miles, And I have been under the hood for a few weeks now and can't figure out what's going on. Here are symptoms followed by codes:

Ruff idol, runinng in limp mode, I can hear it miss fire alot. I have already changed out banks 1&2 o2 sensors(pre_cat). Replaced the MAF, new plugs, replaced the clutch n rear main seal (had a leak), & gave the injectors a good cleaning....

Here are the current codes: P0300- mis fire, P2096- bank 1 to lean, P2180- to rich bank 2, P2190- to rich @ idol, P2177- to lean off idol bank1, P0131- o2 sensor1 bank1 low volts(was just replaced), & finally P2099- fuel trim post cat bank2.

Any tips, advice?

update

So I am caving and picking up new coils, found a sweet deal on eBay. Ruffly 98$. Let's see if this solves the problem .. wish there was an icon for " ripp(uhm)ing hair o(braindeadut"

update 2

So installed new coils today & performed a vacuum leak check.. she's still runing very rich, kepa telling me bank 1 sensor 1 stuck rich, & bank 2 sensor 1 low volts... Make no sences since they are both new sensors... We are completely baffled,,, I guess its off to tracing the sensor wires to inspect for damage or corosion, and do a little research on the variable cam timing,,,, if you guys have any other ideas please let know.. thanks:'(

Narrowing it down

Ok, so ... I took care of the miss fire issues with the coil n plug replacement. Now the only sytom remaining, is bank 2 runing incrediblly rich, it dumping so much fuel into that bank that its crystal clean, all the way down to the valves no carbon build up anywhere fuel bruning it all . On bank one seems like operation as normal. I bet those are the 3 cyclinders I'm using in limp mode. Any who, we switched the fuel injectors from front to back n vice versa. No change in symptoms, bank 2 still rich as fug. Next one would question if the fuel regulator is functioning properly, well on my 07 Mazda 6 3.0l v6 . There is no regulator on the fuel rail.

Is this a ecu function? Is there even a fuel regulator? In the tank?... I know its definetly not the fuel pump bc the promblem is only on bank 2....

As far as OBD codes, I'm gettn all of the mentioned above minus the misdirected code..... Any suggestions on what I can check if its not ecu related?

Last edited:
narrowing it down

MAF has been replaced as well as all 4 o2 sensors. Altough it still throws a code for low sensor voltage bank2 sensor1.

Well took one in the arse today went to Mazda. Turns out its not the ecu, we have variable cam timing, & mines way off, compression is crap, valves are hitting the pistons... Just awsome.... In short motor is blown, any suggestions on where to find replacement?

Back