Hello, new P5 owner

I just want to say hi to here. I just purchased my P5 last Sunday with only 140k on the odo. I am glad I saw Mazda 247; I think this forum has the most meaningful Mazda info around, especially the P5. I joined a few groups in FB, but most comments are just gibberish and banter. The P5 just have some dents and scathes, but looks good for its age.

http://dorihachigo.zenfolio.com/img/s/v-10/p4111131288-4.jpg[\img]

[img]http://dorihachigo.zenfolio.com/img/s/v-10/p4111131289-4.jpg[\img]

The car is an absolute blast. I haven't felt this giddy since the good ol import scene years of late 90's - early 00's. The FS feels right at home, very similar to the Toyota 4age that I used to tinker in my ae86. First mods are already coming: short shifter with accompanying bushing to have that crisp shifting.

BenjiHoggi

OEM+
:
Oregon, USA
:
22v Protege5
I just want to say hi to here. I just purchased my P5 last Sunday with only 140k on the odo. I am glad I saw Mazda 247; I think this forum has the most meaningful Mazda info around, especially the P5. I joined a few groups in FB, but most comments are just gibberish and banter. The P5 just have some dents and scathes, but looks good for its age.

The car is an absolute blast. I haven't felt this giddy since the good ol import scene years of late 90's - early 00's. The FS feels right at home, very similar to the Toyota 4age that I used to tinker in my ae86. First mods are already coming: short shifter with accompanying bushing to have that crisp shifting.

Very cool, welcome to the club.
I bought my silver 03 P5 with 143k in 2019 and its been great. It has the common issues - burns oil, shot rear motor mount, fragile fog lights breaking or leaking, broken parking brake and seized rear calipers, etc. etc., but this is what we put up with for these old cars.

I'd like to know what your experience is with the short shifter and bushings. It's a great combo of mods, but I've personally had unending minor issues with slop and rattling. I used Exile AutoWorx bushings and a Megan Racing SS, fairly affordable but there may be higher quality parts available that perform better.

Latest posts