hello im new and have a problem

m5503799

:
03 mazda protege 5
hello everyone i was searching the site and guess i couldn't find the resolution to my problem but this morning the car was running fine and me and my wife were sitting it in for about an hour with it running and when i went to put it into gear it started to idle and chug really hard so feathering the pedal let me atleast get going then it ran fine, well on the way home it did it again and threw a code a went to orileys and used there scanner and got p0300 but heres the weird thing it only happens in gear not park or neutral or under rev in either just in gear it idles fine just when i step on the gas does it give me additude and i have no clue any insite would be awesome

Yes, remove the air intake duct and throughly check the pipe/ducting for any cracks! When the car is in gear the engine is moving around.

hey guys thanks for the advice i did replace my spark plugs with the ngk g-power and all seems fine i let it warm up to operating temp drove it down to orlieys with a few stop lights and signs and ran just fine cleared the code that came back up on the way home the first time and all seems well

Did you check the air intake hose for cracks? It's just a matter of time.

so a few days ago it started to get worse, today i changed wires, check plugs, changed egr, and check intake ducting for cracks all checks out and the car is running better then ever. but it still get its stupid sputter when i try to accelerate from a light or stop after it musters to 2k it goes crazy spins tires and goes like a bat outa hell. i also about a week ago put in a tank of premium and some fuel system cleaner i don't know wtf to do im soo confused by this car.

p0300
  • <LI itxtvisited="1">Faulty spark plugs or wires <LI itxtvisited="1">Faulty coil (pack) <LI itxtvisited="1">Faulty oxygen sensor(s) <LI itxtvisited="1">Faulty fuel injector(s) <LI itxtvisited="1">Burned exhaust valve <LI itxtvisited="1">Faulty catalytic converter(s) <LI itxtvisited="1">Stuck/blocked EGR valve / passages <LI itxtvisited="1">Faulty camshaft position sensor
  • Defective computer
If there are symptoms such as the engine is stumbling or hesitating, check all wiring and connectors that lead to the cylinders (i.e. spark plugs). Depending on how long the ignition components have been in the car, it may be a good idea to replace them as part of your regular maintenance schedule. I would suggest spark plugs, spark plug wires, distributor cap, and rotor (if applicable). Otherwise, check the coils (a.k.a. coil packs). In some cases, the catalytic converter has gone bad. If you smell rotten eggs in the exhaust, your cat converter needs to be replaced. I've also heard in other cases the problems were faulty fuel injectors.
Random misfires that jump around from one cylinder to another (read: P030x codes) also will set a P0300 code. The underlying cause is often a lean fuel condition, which may be due to a vacuum leak in the intake manifold or unmetered air getting past the airflow sensor, or an EGR valve that is stuck open.

plugs new as of 2 weeks ago
wire new as of today
pcv valve(on top of valve cover) new as of today
checked intake ducting for cracks and cleaned ducting

2 nights ago when it was nu driveable i did smell roten eggs but never before or after that

today after checking and changing parts the car runs in park idle and even when it is in gear better then it ever has down the freeway it holds steady rps doesnt shutter or misfire
no check code all the way home(80 miles)
started to have its stutter after my first full stop at a light but the stutter was much less then it has been previously
after the stutters for 3 lights no chec light came on and after in my driveway and in park runs fine quieter then ever and doesnt miss or chug

im soo fing confused

i'd clean the egr valve, cheap easy fix...(if that's it) you've tried almost everything else!

No that piping goes to the egr. Also change coild packs you already have a bad precat wince you smell rotten eggs...

My pre cat is bad... I just did the nonfouler trick I didn't gut it or anything. When you fix your p0300 code its gona throw p0421 which is bad precat

there's a whole BIG thread deveoted to cleaning the egr valve...i think this may be your issue!

You did a nonfouler on your primary 02 sensor?? Not a good idea at all and I can imagine this causing so many problems... I'll bet your mpg's are horrible.

My pre cat is bad... I just did the nonfouler trick I didn't gut it or anything. When you fix your p0300 code its gona throw p0421 which is bad precat

You were in the car (at idle) for an hour with your wife. I think the engine knew what you were doing and it got all hot and bothered. lol

Latest posts

Back