Hello from southern New England

:
Central CT
:
2016 CX-9 GT
Hello! Bought a Soul Red 2016 CX-9 last October with 12600 miles on it. In the last 4 months, I've driven it 6000 miles. I'm enjoying the car NOT being a Honda Pilot or Toyota Highlander like seemingly everyone else has. Always looking for info on the cars I own/owned and since I'm new to Mazda, this looked like a great place to start!

Hi and welcome! Congrats on becoming a Mazda / CX-9 owner and thanks for joining the Community here...You’ve definitely come to the right place!

Hey, Chilihook!

I just bought my first Mazda (CX-5 Reserve) in March 2018, and am still loving every mile of it.

I almost bought red but ended up with Eternal Mica Blue.

I've been on a mission to let folks know that adding your Vehicle (and maybe Location) under your avatar helps conversations, because questions often have a model & year context.

Here are those fields, located in Account (not Profile):

Location Vehicle account screenshot.png

You can see where those 3 appear under my avatar. The "Location" field here (not the "L:" field) populates avatar hover-over text.

Last edited:
And I was just in Moodus all last weekend at a friends house. He lives right near by the moodus package store/village pizza
That’s pretty funny. Usually I say I’m from Moodus, and people go “Where?”

That’s pretty funny. Usually I say I’m from Moodus, and people go “Where?”

Oh I think I will be down in Moodus on the 21st, but wouldn't be in any of my mazdas. Need to do some work on wife's rav4 and friend has a lift.

LMAO, initially I was going to suggest the Miata.

Yeah and sad to see. :(

So as not to stray too far off topic, OP, do you have any mods/upgrades planned for the CX-9?

LMAO, initially I was going to suggest the Miata.

Yeah and sad to see. :(

So as not to stray too far off topic, OP, do you have any mods/upgrades planned for the CX-9?
Eventually, I'd like to get the CorkSport intake and exhaust, and remote start, but for now I'd really like to get new tires. The Falkens that are standard are just awful. Other than those couple of things the car is pretty sweet as it is. It could use more power (said in my best Tim "The Tool Man" Taylor voice) but there aren't a lot of options at the moment to get the additional 50 - 75 bhp this car needs to put it on the same level as BMW or Audi. So probably keep it pretty simple for now.

Back