Hello All

:
2019 CX5 GT-R
Hello All
Happy to be a member of this forum. I just swapped my 2013 Mazda 3 with CX5-GT Tech pkg. The dealer said i may get the delivery in 2 weeks time, They tried hard to push for some anti-rust coating which i denied.

My usage is very less and hence decided not to get it done from them. Can you please share your thoughts on the Anti-rust coating. I love my car very much and planning to keep it for atleast 7 years.

Also any links on any all seasons good floor mats will be helpful. 7-YEAR Anti-Perforation, what exactly does this mean ?

Regards
PMA

Also any links on any all seasons good floor mats will be helpful. 7-YEAR Anti-Perforation, what exactly does this mean ?

Regards
PMA

Welcome to the forum! Good job on resisting the pressure to buy anti-rust under-coating. Totally not necessary!

I like the OEM Mazda all-weather mats but I don't know how their price compares to aftermarket mats.

Anti-perforation warranty just means it's worthless unless the rust goes all the way through and creates a hole. Save your money - it ain't gonna happen!

The Mazda oem all weather mats are just fine for me too.
If I recall,they are about 25-$35 LESS THAN Weathertech mats.

Mazda uses a paraffin (wax) based rust proofing that can easily crack and actually trap moisture next to the metal, promoting rust. It's a gimmick only meant to fill their pockets (and empty yours).

Welcome to the forum!

There are multiple threads here on floor mats, just search or skim through the last few pages.
Main 4 options are:
Mazda OEM
Weathertech
Husky
Maxspyderco (misspelled?)

Hello All
Happy to be a member of this forum. I just swapped my 2013 Mazda 3 with CX5-GT Tech pkg. The dealer said i may get the delivery in 2 weeks time, They tried hard to push for some anti-rust coating which i denied.

My usage is very less and hence decided not to get it done from them. Can you please share your thoughts on the Anti-rust coating. I love my car very much and planning to keep it for atleast 7 years.

Regards
PMA

Actually anti-rust coating will cause more harm than good for your car. Avoid - like plague.

Hello all. Thanks very much for the replies. Really happy to see that when coming to advising to new people like me, how synch our senior members are. My thanks to who ever started this group.
after going through all the links and searching the forums i decided to go with Husky floor mats since they cover the driver side well. In Ontario they are coming for 248.95 CAD with some 5$ discount.

https://www.partsengine.ca/husky-liners-weatherbeater-floor-liners-black-p-54327.aspx

any members know about a better deal for husky please let me know

Once again thanks all

Back