Heated Steering Wheel Addition

RMFly

:
Mazda, CX-9 Signature, 2016
It is my understanding that the Canadian version of the 2016 CX-9 Signature/GT can be fitted with a heated steering wheel. Could this be retrofitted to the US version of the same vehicle? Anyone tried it? That would be a much welcomed addition for those of us living here in Colorado ....

[...] That would be a much welcomed addition for those of us living here in Colorado ....
...or Connecticut...

My understanding is that the wiring, the relay and the breaker might be missing from the US version.

It is my understanding that the Canadian version of the 2016 CX-9 Signature/GT can be fitted with a heated steering wheel. Could this be retrofitted to the US version of the same vehicle? Anyone tried it? That would be a much welcomed addition for those of us living here in Colorado ....

I had that talked with my dealer service department manager a couple of months ago and what he said is it can be done but it cost a lot money which he thinks it might not be worth it. A lot of parts need to be added, replaced and all those expenses I have to shoulder it. But then again, since I drive most of the time here in wonderful weather Texas, it's not worth the headache and money. He asked me that time if I need a qoute and I said nevermind.

Heated steering wheel is actually standard here in Cda on any trim level esp GT/Signature so no add'l wirings etc needed. The only negative is the heated function only heats up the sides of the wheel and not entire wheel (3 & 9 o'clock positions) though still useful esp in minus 20deg temps we have just like right now!

What I would like to have standard in future is remote engine start just like with the Acura models (RDX and MDX) however those cost more than the Mazdas so installing an aftermarket one is not a bad idea. Just more convenient to have 1 key fob than 2!

Last edited:
Back