Headlight upgrade to LED

The quality of the LEDs is very important. I've used them before, but they're totally worth it if you don't feel like shelling out for an HID kit.

Ive been looking into these as well and from what ive read, its all about how many lumens they put out. 2500 lumens is the minimum but I saw a set at 5500 lumens for 120$ but now im seeing hid kits for cheaper than that but I question its quality.
Please let me know if you put them I want to see what it looks like with the projector lenses

More important that how many lumens they put out, is where the light output is focused. Incorrect focus and you wont notice any improvement, or could even notice less illumination of the road because the light won't be reflecting where you need it.

Not 100% sure, I would however recommend taking a look at the LED bulbs and the conventional halogen bulbs and measure them to see if the LEDs are mounted the same distance from the base of the bulb as the filament in the halogen bulb is. If they are it would likely be positioned appropriately for the proper beam pattern you are looking for.

Has anybody done an LED conversion on their headlights on a 2014 or 2015 3? I am eyeing these at Amazon since the reviews seem to be pretty good, but wanted to see if anybody had any experience doing this before taking the plunge.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

Did you ever grab these? They are calling my name for my 2016 CX-5. They seem to be less trouble than doing a HID installation and they have really great review feedback. Thanks!

Back