Headlight Problems

36Crazyfists said:
I believe luminics bulbs from *************** have a 2 year warranty on them, get some, or go HID(~$300)

it's one year, but yea I was lookin into them

urbanbiker said:
duuudeee.... nooooo....

silverstars have a 1 year over the counter warranty on them. Dont pay for the new bulbs. Keep your receipt and exchange it.

Matt
i dont use silverstars. not a fan of them to be honest. i buy cheap ass 4000K simulated HID bulbs that are actually brighter than silverstars. and these bulbs last me about 6-7 months, which works for me
hey my names matt too! lol....(first)

Wow, great info on the voltage jumps.

You guys know that Sylvania bulbs are not known for longetivity, right? :)

redpr5 said:
hence the reason i dont buy them
I hear you, I went through a few sets myself. Hehe. My post was directed more toward the original poster. I was thinking that using a better bulb might make it better.

Dim said:
I hear you, I went through a few sets myself. Hehe. My post was directed more toward the original poster. I was thinking that using a better bulb might make it better.
yea i know. i was just throwin in my .02
i see youre usin the osrams, definetly a better choice if youre gonna run silverstars.

redpr5 said:
yea i know. i was just throwin in my .02
i see youre usin the osrams, definetly a better choice if youre gonna run silverstars.
Yeah! Osrams have been great to me. I think the P5 comes with Osrams from the factory, actually (except it's not the Silverstar but the "regular" bulb).

Dim said:
Yeah! Osrams have been great to me. I think the P5 comes with Osrams from the factory, actually (except it's not the Silverstar but the "regular" bulb).
youre probably right. cuz my stock bulbs have yet to burn out. i keep them as spares for when my 4000k bulbs burn out.
and ive had this car since 03 (fogs are still goin strong too)
i noticed the other day that our headlights actually have the bulb number on them lol, i thought that was amusing cuz i see a lotta posts about what bulbs we use.

redpr5 said:
i dont use silverstars. not a fan of them to be honest. i buy cheap ass 4000K simulated HID bulbs that are actually brighter than silverstars. and these bulbs last me about 6-7 months, which works for me
hey my names matt too! lol....(first)

hm...what bulbs do you use? luminics?

where do you get them? I've looked here and most of the places only carry sylvania stuff.

i get them at a place called Street Styles, its a ricer performance shop in my area. ill find the package from the most recent brand that i got at my stereo shop (dont ask why they had headlights lol) and ill let you know the brand name, that should help you out a lil bit.

I disconnected my day time running lights. They (silverstars) last alot longer now. Do the lights get less power (voltage) with DRL? They don't burn as bright (DRL) till you turn your headlights on.(canada)

cars (mazda p5 and not sure about others) in the states dont have DRLs as far as I know. Osram Silverstars last longer than Sylvania ones, not sure what they have in Canada

theres a pretty decent amount of cars here in the states with drls. the mazda 6 has them iirc

Back