Headlight bulbs & additional lights

Hello everyone,

My first post here. I have Mazda CX-5 and I have two questions to ask.

1.I am planning to upgrade headlight bulbs because it's really dark and cold here in Finland these days and I drive quite much at the night time. I have read that Osram Night Breaker Laser bulbs are the best but I am not sure if they will fit on my suv. Does anyone here knows or anyone has tried those bulbs?

2. Also, I would like to install extra off road led lights and would like to hear your suggestions which one would be the best and how many lumes would be enough to get the best vision?

Many Thanks in advance and looking forward to hear your opinions.

Regards,
John

Do you have the fog lights below the headlights?

I'm not sure about the Finnish regulations concerning bulbs. Here in the states local laws vary quite a bit.

I'm guessing you have the cx5 with standard halogen bulbs?

Upvote 0

I'm not sure about the Finnish regulations concerning bulbs. Here in the states local laws vary quite a bit.

I'm guessing you have the cx5 with standard halogen bulbs?
Thank you for your reply.

Yes, I do have fog lights but they too are quite dim may be I need to replace their bulbs too. But at the moment I am seeking suggestions for headlights bulbs. I am not sure if they are halogen or led but I'll check that in the morning and will get back with some more details.

I'm guessing you have the cx5 with standard halogen bul

Upvote 0
I think your manual might help.
I have a cx5 sport with H11 or 9007, I forget the exact configuration. One is High beam/Daytime running and the other is the low beam. Both are halogen filiament bulbs.

The newer and higher level cx5 might have LED, which means you have to replace the entire unit, not the bulb.

Upvote 0
I think your manual might help.
I have a cx5 sport with H11 or 9007, I forget the exact configuration. One is High beam/Daytime running and the other is the low beam. Both are halogen filiament bulbs.

The newer and higher level cx5 might have LED, which means you have to replace the entire unit, not the bulb.
We need more info on your CX-5, mode year and trim level, and what kind of headlight and fog light, halogen、HID、or LED?

Here is a UK website which is specializing auto light bulb upgrades. They have Euro specs on light bulbs for the CX-5:

PowerBulbs.com

Your Euro CX-5 has H11 bulb for both dipped-beam headlights and front fog lamps; H15 for full / high beam (headlight flasher).

Upvote 0
Back