Hatchkitten's Protege5 Thread!

Mxp5 oh yeahhhhhh Cuando?
Cam lol I can always cout on you for internet gold :p
Grcy_gttr Go to grocerygettercrew.com the guy that runs it is very cool. You can like them on Facebook too. It's notbjustva sticker it's sorta it's own little society lol
Rico my wing is from an isport group buy two years ago. It is kinda awesome isn't it? Hehe
Wheelman don't you mean you needed one of these? Lol

Heading out to the MOM meet in Canada today. Been partying up the whole weekend. Now it's time for some cars eh?!
Will post pics when I'm back home Monday. If you try to ymuse your phone up here you may a well have a bottle of lube ready...you're gonna get raped with the charges. Wifi is the only thing keeping us sane haha.
Later boys xox

Well, It's taken me a week to get back in the rhythm of my daily routine since my vacation.
MOM was a blast. Brian it was very awesome to meet you and see your beast of a car in person. Cheesehelmet and MP5 Kyle I know you're here somewhere! It was great to meet you guys in person as well!

How the hood was when I drove up
IMG_3082.jpg

Canada knew we love beer :D
IMG_3090-1.jpg

How my hood looked after MOM
IMG_2254copy.jpg

Close up of the elephant butt someone drew!
IMG_2262copy.jpg

Can someone tell me what this is? I thought Invader Zim but the antenna aren't right...
IMG_2263copy.jpg

Steve's Mazda Speed3 on the left and my Progete5 on the right.
IMG_2246.jpg

Steve (Corksport Sponsored), essentially our Nator NY car club's president won Best Mazdaspeed3!
IMG_2279.jpg

IMG_22541.jpg

IMG_2268.jpg

IMG_2264.jpg

IMG_2266.jpg

Got to drive on some...very fun roads... Local Canadians I am so jealous...
IMG_3131.jpg

Still haven't washed the maple leaf off my hood... so lazy!

hey hey love the thread. very helpful to my MP5. soon ill post pics. but get lazy. i requested u on FB hope its not creepy haha..

Haha hey there! Nah not creepy at all. I'm glad I could help spark some ideas or motivation with my thread and car :D it looks really clean in your cover pic. Im Excited to see what you've dove or have planned for the car :)

Tbh I've been neglecting my lil P5 lately. Been running around like crazy. Itching to do something to it. Not sure what yet though! :D

Two weeks ago...multi state Nator meet. Many dicks were drawn
8AEDA91C-56B9-483F-A1C0-B5FB836642CB-13435-00000C5011C0E152_zpsc6eaca9d.jpg

Last week - gave my mom a go at it! Lol
D1F9DEED-C069-4822-8BA0-9AB58664C983-13435-00000C500CDEFBB1_zpsfa40021d.jpg

This kid is practically a brother to me. That's his stage name on the right [AllOne] Check out his stuff.
"heartfelt thought provoking hip hop influenced music"
Www.facebook.com/allonevoice

Went to a Mets game with this still on my hood. A group of guys walked passed and were gawking at it. So I yelled out "my mommy loves me! Problem?" then my mom got out the car and waved at them. It was Priceless!

That's awesome. The chalkboard hood is the gift that keeps on giving. When you get bored with your car, clean it off and go again.

Hmmm...so where's everyones idle at first start up sit?
Was driving home the other day and the car decided to get rathar chuggy on me from a stop. Gave it more gas and got it going. Never did it again.
Went to my friends house, pulled the intake and cleaned the throttle body with some spray cleaner.
(Thank god he warned me that it was going to feel awful and needed me to hold the gas while starting, I would have had a panic attack had he not)

I noticed my idle is somewhere around 1000-1500rpm depending on how cold it is outside.
Other thing is he said it could be (bare with me) the drive by wire cable for my gas pedal acting up? I think I said that right... lol
Any suggestions?

Seafoam it. This will help with idle among other things. My car idles at 1000-1500 when the block is cold. Normal idle is around 750-1000

Seafoam scares the panties off me. lol There is so much mixed reviews for it's pros/cons...

Changed my headlights last week because now that it's getting cold the car is hungry for bulbs.
Did an oil change on the car two nights ago.
And...finally splurged for a real SRI! Grabbed a red AEM from Cres @ CR3 Motorsports :) So I'm thoroughly excited for a big box at my door step soon!

I've seafoamed many times and swear by the stuff. I have 3 cars and use it on all of them. Buy 1 bottle, pour it into 3 water bottles splitting it into thirds. Pour 1/3 in your gas tank to help with fuel injectors, etc; Pour 1/3 into your Valve cover to help with moisture buildup and heat separation in your oil. For the last third, remove the Vac line at the brake booster (large drum behind intake) and (this helps to have a friend) have them crank it and rev around 1-2k so you won't stall while you slowly pour it into the vac line (it sucks it right up) once it's all poured in, cut the car off and let it sit for 15 minutes. The seafoam breaks down carbon and other junk in your system. After 15mins, run the dog crap out of it and this will blow white smoke out of you exhaust. Your car will run better, idle better, even shift better. It's liquid gold!

If you need help, drive down here and I'll do it for you. I do it by myself all the time.

You can also use a half quart of ATF in the next oil change. It de-carbons the internals as well. I've done that to all of my cars except the MSM for years.

Hmmm...so where's everyones idle at first start up sit?
Was driving home the other day and the car decided to get rathar chuggy on me from a stop. Gave it more gas and got it going. Never did it again.
Went to my friends house, pulled the intake and cleaned the throttle body with some spray cleaner.
(Thank god he warned me that it was going to feel awful and needed me to hold the gas while starting, I would have had a panic attack had he not)

I noticed my idle is somewhere around 1000-1500rpm depending on how cold it is outside.
Other thing is he said it could be (bare with me) the drive by wire cable for my gas pedal acting up? I think I said that right... lol
Any suggestions?

Drive by wire is when the throttle is controlled electronically by the computer and there is no mechanical connection to the gas pedal and throtle body. Proteges have good old fashion throttle cables

My Mazda3 has drive-by-wire and it bloooooows! There is a delay to the computer that runs the butterfly valve. It feels fake and cushioned, there is no direct response from foot pedal to car. It takes all the fun out of driving. I would never trade my p5 in on something like that. Always wondered if anyone has made a kit to change it to a cable setup and make code eliminators for the plugs on the computerized motor.

There are ways to trick the computer into a faster response. I forget where I saw it, but I'm pretty sure that people have done it for the 3, misc BMWs, and Nissans.

My Mazda3 has drive-by-wire and it bloooooows! There is a delay to the computer that runs the butterfly valve. It feels fake and cushioned, there is no direct response from foot pedal to car. It takes all the fun out of driving. I would never trade my p5 in on something like that. Always wondered if anyone has made a kit to change it to a cable setup and make code eliminators for the plugs on the computerized motor.

Amen to this, my 08 Civic is the same, try heel toe down shifting with a car like that.... Its awful.

Back