Has Mazda changed their mind and included the NAV System on the 2020 GT and Reserve?

Avoidin Deer

Zoom Zoom, baby
Contributor
:
Central Virginia
:
2019 CX-5 Reserve
Another member just commented that his dealer told him that the NAV is include in the GT.

When I looked at the features a few weeks ago, all trims but the Reserve and Signature showed the NAV System as being an extra-cost Accessory, even though the NAV system was only listed as standard on the Signature. I notified their Customer Service of the omission, they agreed that the NAV needed to be listed as a Reserve Accessory, but they never fixed it.

This is from Mazda's Build & Price website just now:

The Signature Summary

• In addition to or replaces Sport, Touring, Grand Touring, and Grand Touring Reserve features:
  • 19" aluminum-alloy wheels with Dark Silver finish and P225/55 R19 all-season tires
  • Signature badge
  • Frameless auto-dimming rearview mirror with HomeLink®20
  • LED lighting for glovebox, cargo area and vanity mirrors
  • Unique overhead console with LED room light and down light
  • Mazda Navigation System
  • SiriusXM® 3-year Traffic and Travel Link subscription* includes current information for:
  • - Traffic
  • - Weather
  • - Sports scores
  • - Fuel prices
  • - Nearby parking or parking by destination
  • Caturra Brown Nappa leather-trimmed seats
  • Genuine Layered wood trim
  • Leather-wrapped steering wheel with unique stitching
  • Black cloth headliner
  • 360º View Monitor26
  • Front and rear parking sensors27
So according to this, only the Signature has the NAV system. None of the other trims include the NAV in their Features Summaries. This is how it has been ever since the 2020s were listed on the site.

I just looked look at the extra-cost Accessories for all the trims and see that the NAV System has recently been removed as an extra-cost Accessory for the GT, meaning I guess that it is now included. The NAV continues to be listed as an extra-cost Accessory for the Sport and Touring.

It looks like Mazda has changed their minds and are including the NAV in the GT, the Reserve and the Signature. Or perhaps the whole thing was a website error right from the get-go. The Summaries for each trim are still not accurate.

I purchased a 2020 GT 12/24 and the nav is not listed on the window sticker, I had to bargain to get it thrown in the deal.

Another member just commented that his dealer told him that the NAV is include in the GT.

When I looked at the features a few weeks ago, all trims but the Reserve and Signature showed the NAV System as being an extra-cost Accessory, even though the NAV system was only listed as standard on the Signature. I notified their Customer Service of the omission, they agreed that the NAV needed to be listed as a Reserve Accessory, but they never fixed it.

This is from Mazda's Build & Price website just now:

The Signature Summary

• In addition to or replaces Sport, Touring, Grand Touring, and Grand Touring Reserve features:
  • 19" aluminum-alloy wheels with Dark Silver finish and P225/55 R19 all-season tires
  • Signature badge
  • Frameless auto-dimming rearview mirror with HomeLink®20
  • LED lighting for glovebox, cargo area and vanity mirrors
  • Unique overhead console with LED room light and down light
  • Mazda Navigation System
  • SiriusXM® 3-year Traffic and Travel Link subscription* includes current information for:
  • - Traffic
  • - Weather
  • - Sports scores
  • - Fuel prices
  • - Nearby parking or parking by destination
  • Caturra Brown Nappa leather-trimmed seats
  • Genuine Layered wood trim
  • Leather-wrapped steering wheel with unique stitching
  • Black cloth headliner
  • 360º View Monitor26
  • Front and rear parking sensors27
So according to this, only the Signature has the NAV system. None of the other trims include the NAV in their Features Summaries. This is how it has been ever since the 2020s were listed on the site.

I just looked look at the extra-cost Accessories for all the trims and see that the NAV System has recently been removed as an extra-cost Accessory for the GT, meaning I guess that it is now included. The NAV continues to be listed as an extra-cost Accessory for the Sport and Touring.

It looks like Mazda has changed their minds and are including the NAV in the GT, the Reserve and the Signature. Or perhaps the whole thing was a website error right from the get-go. The Summaries for each trim are still not accurate.

But Nav isn’t in the feature summary for the GT or Reserve. I’m not sure that I’d make the leap of logic that because it no longer appears as an accessor, that means it must be included. Given that 2020 GTs and Reserves have been sold without Nav, I don’t see them suddenly including it, at least not for the same MSRP.

But Nav isn’t in the feature summary for the GT or Reserve. I’m not sure that I’d make the leap of logic that because it no longer appears as an accessor, that means it must be included. Given that 2020 GTs and Reserves have been sold without Nav, I don’t see them suddenly including it, at least not for the same MSRP.
But it's been removed from the Accessories section for the GT. It was there before.

Maybe I'll ask my dealer. I have to schedule a service appointment anyway.

Man, there is no place to go with this company to get a definitive answer on anything.

Bought my 2020 GTR on Jan 20th and it had JUST arrived at the dealer— 4 miles and hadn’t even been prepped. No nav. Not that I miss it. My 2016.5 had it and I never used it, especially after I did the CarPlay update.

When I got my CX 2017 GT it has Nav on it. They no longer offer this on the GT trim now?
Well, there's now some debate.

The NAV had been removed as a standard feature on all trims but the 2020 Signature. All others pay $400. This was on the Build & Price website.

Now the NAV has been removed from the extra-cost Accessory page for most of the trims (implying that it is included), but has not been added to their Summary descriptions. Jeff F just said his recently-purchased 2020 Reserve does not come with it.

The whole thing is hosed.

Last edited:
Bought my 2020 GTR on Jan 20th and it had JUST arrived at the dealer— 4 miles and hadn’t even been prepped. No nav. Not that I miss it. My 2016.5 had it and I never used it, especially after I did the CarPlay update.
Congrats on the new purchase.

It sounds as though the member who said it is included must have spoken with a dealer who throws it in.

But Mazda keeps futzing with their website so you can't really tell. I guess all that matters is what you get (or don't get) when you pick the thing up.

I got mine for $35 on fleabay. Even if you don't use the factory Nav, it's worth having for street name display, and the factory voice navigation is usable. Usually the shipped price on eBay is higher or the same as Amazon, but for certain widely distributed things (like software) they are cheaper. The factory/dealer pricing is hilarious, something like $400.

I got a 2020 GTR in late January 2020, and Nav was not included. The salesperson actually said just to use Android Auto/Apple CarPlay, briefly mentioned it was possible to get Nav, but didn't actually discuss the possibility of buying Nav from the dealer.

I bought an SD card for about $35 from eBay. It's worked well so far; I updated it to the January 2020 release after putting in about 65 miles on it.

On the GTR trim, the Nav SD card is necessary for the traffic sign recognition to work.

I got a 2020 GTR in late January 2020, and Nav was not included. The salesperson actually said just to use Android Auto/Apple CarPlay, briefly mentioned it was possible to get Nav, but didn't actually discuss the possibility of buying Nav from the dealer.

I bought an SD card for about $35 from eBay. It's worked well so far; I updated it to the January 2020 release after putting in about 65 miles on it.

On the GTR trim, the Nav SD card is necessary for the traffic sign recognition to work.
I guess it's for certain that Mazda has not changed their mind on this.

Their website keeps changing, getting less accurate.

That's a suck sales guy, from both perspectives.
-His boss should be pissed that he's not pushing $400 of almost pure profit.
-The customer is not being made aware of the available functionality of NAV and Traffic Sign Recognition.

Good to know that the eBay cards are providing the TSR data. I believe that the icons displayed on the HUD (various speed limits, stop sign) are stored on the card.

Yes, traffic sign recognition and speed limit info only appeared on my HUD after I added the NAV card.

I got mine for $35 on fleabay. Even if you don't use the factory Nav, it's worth having for street name display, and the factory voice navigation is usable. Usually the shipped price on eBay is higher or the same as Amazon, but for certain widely distributed things (like software) they are cheaper. The factory/dealer pricing is hilarious, something like $400.
Maybe mine is defective, but the factory voice navigation is completely not usable for me.

I use the Nav system in my '16.5 all the time. It is not as good/easy as a Garmin, but it is still pretty good.

Back