Has anyone bought a CX-30 yet?

Not me, still working on wearing out my 2003 P5..............looks kinda cool tho

I have. I may be the first post on here from someone who actually has one. I've been following it on line since about a month after it debuted last year. Replaces my 2014 CX-5, which I love and which we are keeping, but I'm not as enamored with the more boxy new CX-5s.

I got a white Preferred Package trim with the Greige seats and brought it home this past Saturday. I was thinking about the red, but did not think it was as nice in person as on line. And the red paint, with the Geige seats and the blue trim on the dash and center console was a bit much. Still getting used to all the bells and whistles (there are many) compared to my CX-5. It drives nice. Has plenty of headroom (I'm 6'-4"). Its a comfortable narrow seating for me. My wife was in the back seat for the test drive so it's not too bad if the seats are not all the way back. Good dealer experience. I've bought six cars from there in the last seven years, starting with a 2013 CX-5 right after they came out. They (and their two affiliates) are the largest selling Mazda dealer in Maryland. They've probably sold 20 or 30 of these so far but I have yet to see another one on the road.

I'll try to post some more as I rack up the miles.

Attachments

• CX-30 side.jpg
    CX-30 side.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 429
lease on the cx-3 will be up in a year, i should be picking one up before then...hopefully the 2021 version will offer 360 camera.

Thanks everyone for the input. Decided to downsize a wee bit from my CX-5 so suspect the CX-30 might be the vehicle for me. Just the two of us so don’t really need the room. And I also am not a fan of the new look CX-5s

Same here, although I like the look of the CX-5 and have a '17 model. Our lease is up in May. Most likely going with the CX-30.

Well,just test drove a CX-30 AWD premium and LOVED IT. It’s the steel gray which is great cause the black plastic sorts blends in with it. Good chance I’ll be trading in my 16 CX-5 GT tomorrow.

Well,just test drove a CX-30 AWD premium and LOVED IT. It’s the steel gray which is great cause the black plastic sorts blends in with it. Good chance I’ll be trading in my 16 CX-5 GT tomorrow.

How exciting!! Can't wait to see some pics. Hope all goes well with the trade-in and purchase!

Okay, thanks. I drove a 6 turbo at the auto show, a couple of years ago and really liked its HUD - definitely an improvement over my 3's HUD, although this one does just fine, as-is.

Love it in white.
Not loving the white with the oversized black cladding, sorry. The wheel arches look huge and disproportionate in that pic.
I'd be inclined to go with a darker colour, just to minimize the effect of the cladding.
Too bad it's not an option to remove it.

I bought mine this past week. The CX-5 was more space than I really needed. But even so, the cabin of the CX-30 is just at another level entirely. I much prefer the non-touch screen in my line of sight to something down on the console that pulls my attention away from the road.

IMG_20200219_154254.jpg

I got the "Preferred' package in the US, which is the one just below the top level. No sunroof, heads up display or leather seats, but I have the memory seats, all the safety systems and the upgraded audio package.

I also have to praise the "greige" faux leather seats. (Great color; horrible name.) I have a white dog, so black interiors are non-starters. Almost all the inventory on dealers in my area have black interiors, this is the only one that didn't. And I have to say that the combination of black, dark steel blue and beige is a pretty classy look.

IMG_20200219_151110.jpg

The Soul Red Crystal color is spectacular. But it is a little too much for me - I would have preferred the dark blue. Everyone is kind of dazzled by the color, which I don't really like. I would prefer to arrive in something that doesn't look like a Ruby Slipper. But I have to appreciate what they have done with this paint. Hopefully it will dull over time.

I bought mine this past week. The CX-5 was more space than I really needed. But even so, the cabin of the CX-30 is just at another level entirely. I much prefer the non-touch screen in my line of sight to something down on the console that pulls my attention away from the road.

View attachment 223126

I got the "Preferred' package in the US, which is the one just below the top level. No sunroof, heads up display or leather seats, but I have the memory seats, all the safety systems and the upgraded audio package.

I also have to praise the "greige" faux leather seats. (Great color; horrible name.) I have a white dog, so black interiors are non-starters. Almost all the inventory on dealers in my area have black interiors, this is the only one that didn't. And I have to say that the combination of black, dark steel blue and beige is a pretty classy look.

View attachment 223127

The Soul Red Crystal color is spectacular. But it is a little too much for me - I would have preferred the dark blue. Everyone is kind of dazzled by the color, which I don't really like. I would prefer to arrive in something that doesn't look like a Ruby Slipper. But I have to appreciate what they have done with this paint. Hopefully it will dull over time.
WELCOME!
Glad you found your golden brick road!

Hopefully it will dull over time.

If you lived in Arizona or even southern Cali, you would get your wish if you didn't cover your vehicle or park in a garage every day.

But I must admit, the red is absolutely amazing in the sun.

Ours is ordered; CX-30 GS (close to the "Select" in the USA but with more "heating" elements from the Preffered) AWD in Soul Red Crystal. I would have loved that Prefered package, but in Canada it seems we only have the Luxury Package (+1900$CAD) with the sunroof and leather and I'm no fan of either.

Latest posts

Back