2016~2021 Has anybody tried All-Terrain tyres?

Sorry, do you mean like small truck tires?

I was at Firestone getting my wifes' car serviced and looking at tires and was thinking the same thing.

:
2020 CX-9 Touring
Sorry, do you mean like small truck tires?

I was at Firestone getting my wifes' car serviced and looking at tires and was thinking the same thing.
I mean ocasionally off-road tyres, like the pics! I reckon Toyota Land Cruiser uses this.
Just curious about the steering feeling with them on CX9.
102533-kumho-road-venture-at51.jpg 104055-pirelli-scorpion-all-terrain-plus.jpg

If i use my winter tires as a comparison. The steering feel will be less direct and less precise and they will probably be more noisy. Of course that depends how aggressive of a tire you choose.

The ride would generally be softer, but that also depends on the load rating of the tire. If you pick a truck tire with a very high load rating, the tire and ride may actually be pretty stiff.

You used a land cruiser in comparison, a car with literally no steering feel ;). It may not be that bad depending on the tire you choose, but steering will most likely be softer than on street tires.

Natey

Contributor
Patron
We took the 20s off of our 4runner for 17s and some tires with more sidewall and the ride got much smoother. The tires are definitely louder because of the aggressive tread, but the actual ride got better. It soaks up potholes and bumps in the road much more smoothly. It doesn't corner as confidently as before on smooth surfaces, but the 4runner was never exactly a touge machine anyway.

Not to mention it flies across the deep sand now without even airing down the tires. (y)

We put Pirelli Scorpions on.

Last edited: