2017~2024 CX-5 H&R or Eibach lowering springs?

@Tmc225usc did you see @teekay_yet post about the slight part number changes?

E10-55-021-02-22 lightest axle wight (unsure of the limit)
E10-55-021-03-22 (1120 Kg)
E10-55-021-04-22 (1190 Kg)

It was odd that when you chatted up Eibach they didn't mention the other part numbers. I'd say look for the E10-55-021-04-22, since your 2019 AWD CX-5 is a tad heavier. Basically all three will "fit" in the vehicle, but there will be slight differences in spring rates / stiffness. I'm unsure of your intended use case (possible just for a bit of stance change / don't track the vehicle) but I'd feel confident using any of the 3 part numbers identified on your vehicle.

Additionally depending on the desire to have the part, perhaps coordinate with a freight forwarder in the EU to send you the E10-55-021-02-22.

I got confirmation from eibach US:

The only kit that is available in our (US)system is e10-55-021-02-22. Designed for the 2017-2019 CX-5. This fit both the FWD and AWD.

03/04 is for Germany.

Unfortunately, if we need it, it has to be from EU..

Germany eibach did mention to me UK springs are the same for US but with tax and shipping, best bet to get H&R...

I find this whole thread kinda funny. Most Americans seem to find the idea of Station Wagons horrendous - to the point where no car maker in their right minds will sell them here any more. Everyone wants SUVs.

So what do we do? We buy SUVs and retrofit lowering springs to convert them back to Station Wagons.

😭

Last Summer I bought the Eibachs from TireRack for my 2017 GT AWD. I still have the original box - the part number is E10-55-021-02-22. I'm running 20 inch wheels with 245/45-20 tires. Looks and drives perfect. Very happy.

Since option are limited. I guess either h&r springs or bc br coilovers...
For anyone following, I'm at 16k, I know stock strut could last at least 50k+. Struts probably cost $150 a piece. So that's $600 + spring at $250.
New strut and lowering springs = $850
Bc coilovers = $1000

What would be your choice...

Since option are limited. I guess either h&r springs or bc br coilovers...
For anyone following, I'm at 16k, I know stock strut could last at least 50k+. Struts probably cost $150 a piece. So that's $600 + spring at $250.
New strut and lowering springs = $850
Bc coilovers = $1000

What would be your choice...

Bc coils. That’s what I’m looking into.

I couldnt find enough info on the H&R set to feel confident on the purchase.
I ended up speaking with the gents overseas at Eibachshop.com as they still have inventory available for the Cx-5. After doing a check on the weights and load rating on my VIN plate, it was discovered I needed to order E10-55-021-04-22. (2019 Signature AWD)
I should have my order in a week or so. All things considered, shipping sucked, but not as bad as I thought it was going to be. Ended up only being $258 shipped.

Anyone curious on which you need, check the VIN plate on the Driver Door. My Signature listed:
GVWR:2180 kg
Front GAWR 1140kg
Rear GAWR 1040 kg

On the site E10-55-021-03-22 is Front Axel to 1120 kg
And E10-55-021-04-22 is Front Axel to 1190 kg, so I needed E10-55-021-04-22.

I got 3 emails in total from them. Looks like you are at step 2.

(Email 1)Order confirmation- Your order has a number 397
(Email 2) Admission to the execution of the order no 397- Order number397 was adopted for implementation.
(Email 3) Shipping order no 397- Order status has changed Order no397 has been sent.

Mine just arrived!

One thing I noticed upon checking the old install instructions before Eibach took them down off the site, was that the US kit came with Quantity 2 - Bump Stop, Front BS770044.
The kit from eibachshop.com does not come with the front bump stops.
If anyone did the pro kit can chime in on if their kits came with the bump stops, or if you just trimmed your OEM ones, that would be super appreciated.

Mine said shipping today or tomorrow.
Also, Bumpstops are not supplied with these springs.
The OEM ones should be used in this case.

Sweet. So no trimming of the stock bump stops at all? Just reuse?
I got a similar reply from eibachshop.com when I asked. They said to use stock ones.
I just didnt know if that meant use stock ones as is, or shave off 15mm on front and back of stocks.

I only ask because the US instructions mentioned the following:
---------------------

Bump Stop Modification Instructions
Typical Bump-Stop (Bump-Stop from your vehicle may have different shape)

Front Bump Stop:
Replace OE bump stop with Eibach bump stop BS770044

Rear Bump Stop:
Trim 15mm from the bottom of the
rear bump stop
----------------------

Sweet. So no trimming of the stock bump stops at all? Just reuse?
I got a similar reply from eibachshop.com when I asked. They said to use stock ones.
I just didnt know if that meant use stock ones as is, or shave off 15mm on front and back of stocks.

I only ask because the US instructions mentioned the following:
---------------------

Bump Stop Modification Instructions
Typical Bump-Stop (Bump-Stop from your vehicle may have different shape)

Front Bump Stop:
Replace OE bump stop with Eibach bump stop BS770044

Rear Bump Stop:
Trim 15mm from the bottom of the
rear bump stop
----------------------

You have to trim the rear OEM bump stops. Mine came with the Eibach front bump stops. I have the Eibach E10-55-021-02-22 on my 2019 Signature.

Back