H&R installed on Protege 5

:
2002 Protege 5
Ok, I'm really tired because my buddies and I finished up at 2am in the morning! I had to get up at 10 to go to class so I'm still tired and sore. All I can say is WTF were the Mazda engineers thinking putting the two longs bolt in the rear the same way needing for the caliper to be removed.. especially the sway bar end links! POS BLAH! i'm so pissed right now thinking about because I still have to tighten it.. please someone post some tips on how to make it simpler because the bolts are stripped and really nasty to play with. I'll post pics later after I wash my car. And, someone just tried to break into my first gen protege while I was doing the install at my friends house! WTF stupid bitches I hope they come by so i can pwned them..

The endlink bolt was the biggest PITA ever!

You do know that they have an allen wrench fitting on the end, don't you?

I had to re-grind new sides on the bolt in order to get it off.

Good luck

thanks, i just found that out after i installed the springs, my friend thought that i already knew it needed an allen wrench to tighten, but i guess it was too dark outside and i was already fatigued. POS endlink bolt! AHHH

I want to get the H&R springs too. how does it look. how does it ride. post pics and hit me up with some info man. sorry to hear you had a hell of a time. (cool)

pics taken today

ok as promised, pics of my car sitting on H&R's! as for the ride all i can say is it feels almost like stock just a tad bit stiffer. Also, i may need new shocks because mine are blown i think...hopefully the KYB GR-2's will make the ride softer and take out that popping noise when i turn the steering wheel?

Attachments

• VisCFHood 039.jpg
    VisCFHood 039.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 203
  • VisCFHood 049.jpg
    VisCFHood 049.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 263
  • VisCFHood 044.jpg
    VisCFHood 044.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 167
  • VisCFHood 038.jpg
    VisCFHood 038.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 177
  • VisCFHood 046.jpg
    VisCFHood 046.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 164
sorry to bring this old thread up again~

but really want to ask~

are you using the H&R spring with the stock shock setup??

how long has it been now?

never Ender said:
sweet!

i really like that drop. not too low and not so high.

LOL..it's gonna get lower than that. The springs still have to settle in. I barely have any wheel gap on my car anymore.

my Tein springs have settled and look as low as his right there. I can barely fit 2 finger widths between the tire and fender. Looks nice.

Back