H&R and Shocks

:
Mazda 2 touring
Hello people,

I was wondering what shocks would pair well with H&R springs. I have close to 30k on the O.E.M shocks but wanted to replace them when i got the new springs.

I just bought H&R springs and Corksport shocks for my girlfriends Mazda2, I did allot of reading and it seems like a popular combo that works very well. Unfortunately we have not installed them yet as I'm not exactly a fan of working on cars in 10 degree temperatures so I can't exactly give you the results just yet. We have high hopes for it assisting her STF class antics though. :D

That's an excellent combination. I have had the H&R with corksport adjustables, and now I have the Eibach pro kit springs with the corksport adjustables. H&R is more aggressive in both ride and handling, Eibach is a nicer everyday middle ground. It depends on how roads are in your area. You can't go wrong either way!

Corksport Shocks.. they are dampening adjustable so you can pick how "sporty" or comfortable your ride will be. Absolutely NO regrets here with the CS shocks. I also have H&R springs. Do it. Price is great too.

ben-stiller-do-it.gif

I did that for a while, but I did not care for the ride quality at all, and my wife wouldn't even drive it. You can really tell the stock shocks are nearly fully compressed all the time. Def get the corksport adjustable shocks with the H&Rs, or go coilovers.

I ran H&R on my stock shocks. It was definitely a bit.. 'firm' But the car handled well enough. I went with coil overs before the CS adjustables came out, but in hindsight i think that combo would have been smarter. I love my coils but its definitely a bit punishing for a DD.

This car takes REALLY well to suspension mods though so with the H&R/CS combo i think you'll be very pleased. Do front sway and rear torsion bar though too. Makes a HUGE difference. With all those parts for around $1000 you'll have a seriously hoonable car.

yup, the cs springs came out waaaay after the shocks did..so most peeps just got the h&r springs/ cs shock combo.. if i'm not mistaken.. cs tested and designed their shocks with the h&r springs.

Back