Got the 2014 CX-5 Grand Touring w/Tech Package today.......

I'm confident to take circular on/off hwy ramps at +40mph. Tires don't even squeak yet. Haven't pushed it faster than that, didn't want to crash a month old car.

I don't want to crash a car of any age, lol.

Agreed, handling is very good for a crossover SUV.

When you guys post "sharp turns," what exactly do you mean?

Do you mean this: http://www.tailofthedragonmaps.com/maps_ridemeposter.html
or
do you mean turning in the right turn only lane higher than usual?

lol, this is a decent handling CUV....it feels as good or better than the Mazda3 (a class leader itself) I no longer have.

Afterall, this is no m/t power house sports car so cross out the first link. LOL. For me it's just taking on like exit ramps (let's say speed said 25, can usually double it) etc. Or making quick sharp turns on intersections etc. Nothing too crazy.......but so far it has surprised me on the handling. What I am pissed so far is I have yet to figure out something that can stop my things from flying in the back of the trunk when I make turns.

Afterall, this is no m/t power house sports car so cross out the first link. LOL. For me it's just taking on like exit ramps (let's say speed said 25, can usually double it) etc. Or making quick sharp turns on intersections etc. Nothing too crazy.......but so far it has surprised me on the handling. What I am pissed so far is I have yet to figure out something that can stop my things from flying in the back of the trunk when I make turns.

2 things can help. One is the rubber cargo mat. Keeps heavy things from sliding because of grip. Second is the cargo net which holds lighter things in place. Having both - you can now do a figure 8 while 40mph :)

2 things can help. One is the rubber cargo mat. Keeps heavy things from sliding because of grip. Second is the cargo net which holds lighter things in place. Having both - you can now do a figure 8 while 40mph :)

Rubber cargo mat as in this? http://www.mazdaparts.org/mazda-cx5-cargo-tray.html

I have this and things are still flying around. I don't have a cargo net though. I want something that wife can throw in some grocery. Now I have a collapsible crate but it's sliding all over.

Back