Goodbye CX-5 Sport. Hello Forester XT.

$18,665 for a 16 Sport with 24K miles. Heck that is one amazing resale value probably because of AWD in PA. I would still think its amazing.

I mean, you could have bought a CX5 GT-R or Signature...identical hp to the 2.0XT, more torque, no CVT (like it or not, I don't think they are proven as reliable as the SA 6A's), and much better handling.

ETA: Nevermind the reliability thing. <25K miles in 3 years or so, you don't put any miles on a car, so no point selling reliability/durability.

That said, the 2.0XT is an awesome CUV. Enjoy it!

CX-5 GTR would've been the perfect car for me if it had slightly more rear passenger space, slightly cheaper, and had a panoramic sunroof (not asking for much here Mazda!).

$18,665 for a 16 Sport with 24K miles. Heck that is one amazing resale value probably because of AWD in PA. I would still think its amazing.

That's what they're asking, not what they're getting.

OP: Mind sharing what you got on trade for it?

CX-5 GTR would've been the perfect car for me if it had slightly more rear passenger space, slightly cheaper, and had a panoramic sunroof (not asking for much here Mazda!).

Supposedly the CX5 has more 2nd row leg-space by a fraction of an inch, but definitely less cargo room. I agree with you though, it needs more room in the passenger space (just 1-2" would have helped a lot), as well as pano.

But keep in mind I didn't get anywhere near that much for the trade-in. Still warranty left, serviced frequently and rarely drove it hard. Should still be a nice option for someone. I also spent money on those all weather mats, trunk tray and rear shade. Plus window tint all around.

Yup. I'm betting you got $14.5, give or take $750.

I don't understand the whole panoramic sunroof craze. They're heavy as hell and add a bunch of unnecessary weight to the vehicle, really expensive to fix if they get damaged, and most importantly (imo) a real pain in the butt to keep clean. Without getting up there and cleaning it after every single rain, it constantly looked dirty and became a distraction. Besides a brighter interior cabin, what's the attraction?

I don't understand the whole panoramic sunroof craze. They're heavy as hell and add a bunch of unnecessary weight to the vehicle, really expensive to fix if they get damaged, and most importantly (imo) a real pain in the butt to keep clean. Without getting up there and cleaning it after every single rain, it constantly looked dirty and became a distraction. Besides a brighter interior cabin, what's the attraction?

What's the attraction of a regular sunroof? All a Pano does is give you more of that.

Op here. After about a month of having my XT, I have no complaints about the CVT. I have enjoyed driving the XT, with the exception of driving on very curvy roads. My CX-5 used to carve these roads up in the past with no problem, but in my XT, I really have to take it slow and drive cautiously. Hoping installing a thicker rear sway bar will help.

Biggest difference is the power though and I almost got into two accidents because I was accelerating too quickly and didn't even realize it (could floor it in my CX-5 and not end up going fast, heh).

Looking back, a CX-9 probably would've been a solid choice for me but thought the rear end was hideous and was a bit bigger than I would've liked. I was close to pulling the trigger on a Passport EX-L at 37k but didn't want to pay that much.

All in all, happy with my purchase but absolutely miss driving my CX-5 (was a solid, reliable and fun to drive family car). Listed for sale at the dealer here :(

https://www.atsubaru.net/used/Mazda...ville-pa-99d218f10a0e0a1761fdeb488e085fb8.htm

Right up the road from where I work, you buy it at North Penn Mazda?

Right up the road from where I work, you buy it at North Penn Mazda?

I actually bought our 2014 CX-5 at North Penn Mazda. Never really had a problem with them and overall felt they were honest and fair. The Jersey dealers were terrible and would bait you in with a low price and never honor that price.

Back