Good bye to the 6

:
Mazda6 GT, MX5 PRHT
Hey all, I'll be trading my 2016 Mazda6 GT for a 2019 Buick Regal TourX wagon on Saturday. I love my Mazda6 and prefer the ride and feel over the Buick but I need a wagon. I became paralyzed in a racing crash back in 2013. I bought my 6 in August of 2015 not knowing I would be getting into handcycle riding and racing in 2017. I've lived with the 6 using an adapted bike rack to carry my handcycle but it is a real b**** when traveling because I need to haul the bike into the hotel room. I can fit the TourX inside with the seats folded down so it will stay out of the weather, away from thieves and I won't have to haul it inside when traveling. Even doing my local rides will be easier since I'll just roll the bike out the back. I had to use 5 different straps to secure the bike to the rack. I just wish Mazda brought their Mazda6 wagon into the States because I would prefer that one over the Buick. Anyway, peace out and keep enjoying your 6's. Mine has been an absolutely fantastic car. I will miss it.

Hey all, I'll be trading my 2016 Mazda6 GT for a 2019 Buick Regal TourX wagon on Saturday. I love my Mazda6 and prefer the ride and feel over the Buick but I need a wagon. I became paralyzed in a racing crash back in 2013. I bought my 6 in August of 2015 not knowing I would be getting into handcycle riding and racing in 2017. I've lived with the 6 using an adapted bike rack to carry my handcycle but it is a real b**** when traveling because I need to haul the bike into the hotel room. I can fit the TourX inside with the seats folded down so it will stay out of the weather, away from thieves and I won't have to haul it inside when traveling. Even doing my local rides will be easier since I'll just roll the bike out the back. I had to use 5 different straps to secure the bike to the rack. I just wish Mazda brought their Mazda6 wagon into the States because I would prefer that one over the Buick. Anyway, peace out and keep enjoying your 6's. Mine has been an absolutely fantastic car. I will miss it.

I too pine for the 6wagon, and coincidentally, it is also the Buick Regal TourX wagon that has caught my eye as a comparable. Looking forward to hearing what you think about your new ride!...

I also would have been interested in a 6 wagon, lol. If the wife was comfortable driving a wagon, we would have taken a good hard look at the Regal TourX as well. I wish you all the best with the new car and the future.

I too pine for the 6wagon, and coincidentally, it is also the Buick Regal TourX wagon that has caught my eye as a comparable. Looking forward to hearing what you think about your new ride!...

Just did my first 200+ mile highway drive with the TourX. The Mazda6 interior materials and layout are far superior which surprised me. The Mazda6 is more fun to drive around town and is more "sporty" in feel. The TourX has more power, is slightly smoother on the highway and is a bit more quiet on the highway as well. It has double wall windows so that probably helps a lot. The infotainment system is far superior in the Buick and the data you can toggle and display in the center of the instrument cluster is pretty cool. I thought I would miss the HUD in the 6 but the digital speed display in the Buick is front and center in the instrument cluster if that's what you want displayed and I'm back to seeing that as "normal". I'd prefer to also have a HUD but I can live without it just fine. I got 31 mpg on 87 octane and I wasn't being gentle on the highway at all. If driven in a more sedate manner I would expect 32-34 mpg. Oh yea, this is a German designed and built Opel that is re-badged for Buick. In classic German car design it has bad cup holders lol.

Man, I would have got a new 6. Better depreciation over time for when you want to trade in next.

I need a wagon to carry my handcycle in and wheelchair. Especially when I travel out of town for races and marathons.

Latest posts

Back