Going Back to the Source: Remaking the Team Moon Exhaust

Okay ya'll been mad busy...happy new year, got a computer now. I'm going to record the exhaust tommorrow and get some clips running. As far as pics go, uh, I don't have a digital camera but I think i might be able to use a cell phone or something to get some more pics up and running.

okay, if i could just convert these wma. files to mp3, we'll be set...
dammit! Can somebody help me on this one?

Last edited:
Pics

Here are the installed pics, as you can see there is no resonator

Attachments

• 2.jpeg
    2.jpeg
    37.3 KB · Views: 144
  • 1.jpeg
    1.jpeg
    32.5 KB · Views: 142
Audio Clips, Finally

Okay, I wish i could be able to give you the full 1.5 minute versions of these clips but I had to download a bad conversion kit to convert the files..and they only convert 60% of the audio. So anyway onto the clips:

These clips were recorded using a Boss BR1180 digital recording studio. I backed the car a 1/4 of the way in the garage so there would be less wind noise.

Track 1: Recorded in stereo with an Audix i5 Instrument mic
Track 2: Recorded in stereo with an Audix i5 Instrument mic panned L, and an Audix D6 Sub--Impulse Dynamic Instrument mic panned R.

Let me know what you think guys.

Attachments

• take1P5.mp3
    984.8 KB · Views: 161
  • take2P5.mp3
    1 MB · Views: 139
with out the resonator it sounds kind of raspy, i wonder if you had the resonator that it would sound different.

tengoestetempo said:
with out the resonator it sounds kind of raspy, i wonder if you had the resonator that it would sound different.

Yeah I wonder too...I'm thinking it would be quieter with a resonator, but the exhaust is pretty quiet already...once you drop it into 5th gear, the cabin noise drops a fair amount. It' is not as deep as the previous moon exhaust, but it's definitely more aggressive.

The only thing is since I have the full AWR motor mount kit, the car shakes hard around 1000-1500RPMS. Other than that, I'm very satisfied.

Back