Getting 2016.5 GT from Carvana, get warranty?

Hi all,

I've reserved and i'm about to sign a contract for delivery on a used 2016.5 CX5 GT w/ tech package with 34k miles. One owner, no accidents, regular oil changes. The powertrain only lasts for 15 more months. I think i'm going to get an 3 year/75k mile extended warranty that also covers electronics for 1450. I'm excited for this car but am i paying too much for the added assurance of a warranty.

in the alternative i could buy a 2016.5 CX5 GT with the same tech package for around 1k grand less but 63k miles. if im getting an extended warranty anyway (maybe even make it 4-5 years), might that justify the higher mileage car but lower vehicle price?

first post here btw, hello all.

It all depends how you feel about buying insurance in general. These policies are sold because they are very profitable and more often than not, you will not file claims for more than you paid out.

That being said, if you are risk adverse, or a $2,000 repair will cripple you financially, you may decide the purchase is worth it for you. Very much a personal decision.

Do you plan on keeping it 5 years?

How are the tires, etc?

34k is much less than 67k for only $1k in price if you ask me but a lot might depend on particular differences between the two.

Ideally 10 years! I probably will drive less than 6k miles a year. Live in the city and will only use it on weekends or move it for parking. Think I could get an extended warranty from Mazda itself and would that be better?
The good thing about Carvanacarw extended is that I can cancel at anytime and they’ll return a prorated amount.

Thanks all.

Do you plan on keeping it 5 years?

How are the tires, etc?

34k is much less than 67k for only $1k in price if you ask me but a lot might depend on particular differences between the two.

For that price you quoted, and the time you referenced keeping it, I think it would be worthwhile.

$1450 =~ The cost of replacing 1.5 of your headlights. Or perhaps =~ an AC compressor repair...

One thing about warranties is they generally cover the car when it's newer and in good shape. Seems like a lot more things could go wrong when it's older.

Verify if the recall on headlight was done. Those nice looking DRLs die and are usually expensive to replace. The newer versions from Mazda are version J if I remember correctly. Other than that drivetrain wise at 34K miles Plus your city driving - it does not need any warranties additional.

Back