General HTS

Price isn't cheap, but they have very very good ratings on Tire Rack and other Tire websites. Anyone here try them before? Living in MN and the OE Bridgestones are about done. They were ok, but not great, was hoping that short of getting dedicated winter tires that this might offer a bit better braking and traction on ice and snow then the Duelers.

The original Grabber HTS or the HTS 60?

The original got stellar (for an all-season) reviews for winter performance, and I wouldn't expect that they would have gone backwards with the HTS 60. Siping density looks pretty comparable between the two, as well, backing up my previous opinion. I don't know if you can find a closeout deal on the originals, but right now at Tire Rack, the HTS 60 is actually nine bucks cheaper per tire.

If you can find a great deal on the originals, go for it. Otherwise, I'd get the new model.

I was actually thinking of going with the original HTS, especially as there are no/little reviews on the HTS 60. The HTS reviews all look very good.

Like I said, I wouldn't expect them to backslide with the HTS 60. Continental/General really seems to have their product development squared away the last few years, and I'd trust their new products.

Back